So what beers do you like...looked here and dont see a thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister704

Reaction score
So I know we all enjoy Homebrew but literally what beers do you like? I have over the past 2 years probably tasted over 100 different beers. I actually started and excel doc to keep up with which ones I like and didnt like.

My favs have been(Just a few quick ones off the top of my head):

1. Duvel
  2. Hennepin
  3. Sweet Baby Jesus
  4. HopSlam
  5. Heady Topper
  6. Josephsbrau Prost (trader joes...LOVE IT)
  7. Trade Joes Oatmeal Stout
  8. Founders Havest Ale
  9. Schalfy Pumpkin Ale - LITERALLY My top 5 PERIOD
  10. Alewerks Pumpkin - LITERALLY in my TOP 5
  11. Nugget Nectar
  12. Dogfish Raison D'Etre(no longer made...SO F-ing MAD..this was my daily go to). They are bringing back the D'Xtra (18% abv)
  13. Lagunitas - Brown Sugga
  14. Lagunitas - Lil Sumptin Sumptin
  15. Lagunitas - Sucks
  16. Lagunitas - Hairy Eye Ball

Haha, not trying to bust your balls but I'd say there are at least a handful of threads about beers people like. But I like a live forum and not a database so I think new threads are always good.

I'm a pretty big fan a Lagunitas, their IPA and Little Somthin' Somthin' are good. Their Hairy Eyeball left a lot to be desired. Their Lagunitas Sucks is alright.

Local to me, Wasatch makes Hop Rising IIPA and it's pretty good. I always give local breweries hometown bonus points.

EDIT: I said Wasatch but I meant Squatters makes Hop Rising. The two breweries formed a brewing co-op so I lump them together a lot.

Haha, not trying to bust your balls but I'd say there are at least a handful of threads about beers people like. But I like a live forum and not a database so I think new threads are always good.

I'm a pretty big fan a Lagunitas, their IPA and Little Somthin' Somthin' are good. Their Hairy Eyeball left a lot to be desired. Their Lagunitas Sucks is alright.

Local to me, Wasatch makes Hop Rising IIPA and it's pretty good. I always give local breweries hometown bonus points.

Damn how did I forget to add Lagunitas to my list....updating it.

Anything by Unibroue
Samichlaus
Anything by Evil Twin
Rochefort 6, 8, and 10
Hebrew RIPA
Odells Myrcenary IPA
Sam Adams Imperial White

For non high alcohol stuff, I like Ska and Sierra Nevada and Boulder

Once in a while I go put together a make-your-own-6-pack of regular stuff and I'm usually disappointed.

I'm a big fan of "free" and "cold".

Outside of that, it's got to be pretty terrible for me to shy away from it - and I've had some pretty terrible beers.

Man, so many beers. No particular order...

St. Arnald's - Endevor
Omme Gang -Three Philosophers Quad
Gulden Draak Ale
Dogfish Head - Burton Baton
Brother Thelonious
New Belgium - Rampant

I could go on for days, but these are some of my most frequent buys.

Had a couple Great Divide Old Ruffians last night. So good, need to find a clone recipe.

This is why I started untappd, so I can see how many beers I drink and which I like or didnt.

So, some of my tops out of the 1786 unique beers Ive had these last 2.5 years...

Odell Friek
Dogfish Head World wide stout
NBC Apricot au Poivre Saison
Goose Island Bourbon County coffee
Odell Wooden Elephant
Funkwerks Chardonnay barrel blonde
Westy 12
Wisconsin Belgian Red/Raspberry Tart
Russian River Consecration
Goose Island Juliet and Halia
Sixpoint Resin
Bells Hopslam
Port Older Viscosity
Avery Rumpkin
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
Victory Helios
Rivertown Lambic

Ill just stop there.

I really am all over the place in what I enjoy drinking. Saisons are big on my list as are IPAs, imperial stouts and barrel aged beers.

I mainly focus on Belgian ale. Random thoughts:
Moinette Blonde: Excellent when you get a good bottle and the carbonation is there
Westmalle Tripel: Love it. No big beer is this drinkable
PranQster: Too fruity or sweet or something.
Orval: No beer like it, I like the dryness
Duvel: Has been going down on my list but I am still drinking it
Ommegang Hennepin: Great value, woth more than the price
Delirium Tremins: I have to be in the right mood for that much spice. Try it on tap.
Gouden Carolus Tripel: Love it but will have to drink some more to remember the taste

Also want to give a shout out to Green Flash Double Stout Black Ale

Back