So to all you ohioans at the gas station...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't had full service here in Ohio since about 1974. Clark gas station was among the last full service. Kinda miss that, now that I'm older & partly handicapped. And there's some damn good fishing & hunting here as well. Lots of breweries, brewpubs, & the like. The Golden Lamb in Lebanon is a great restaurant that was an inn in the 1700's with many famous names in the register, as in the original founding fathers, Sam Clemons, etc. There are tours of the Glenn Research Center ( John Glenn, former astronaut & our senator) off the end of Hopkins airport. Lots of boat rentals on Lake Erie & restaurants on the lakeshore. Lighthouses like the old one @ Marblehead. Very photogenic spot! Other lighthouse like the one off Hot Waters in Lorain & others like near Burk Lakefront. Some of the boat lagoons have restaurants around them that are pretty good. Boat docks for them as well. More things, like Heini's Cheese Chalet in Berlin, OH that has a ton of fresh cheeses, pepper butter, jerky, slim Jim sort of beef sticks, etc...all made fresh on premises with tours available. Samples too! We used to walk through, eat lunch from the samples, buy some cheese to stick in the cooler for the 75 mile ride home, & then stop at one of two Amish restaurants in town for either fried chicken dinners, or fresh ground grass fed beef burgers! There's also an Amish fella that raises snakes & makes wallets, belts, etc out of them for sale in his shop. And a brick alley with a shop selling salsa's from all over the world, bake shops that'll make you hungry the second you walk in, etc. All in Berlin, OH! Ya just have to study & look for cool stuff in this state. Now if they'd get rid of damn e-check stupid BS...

I hate Ohio, what a useless state <snip>.

Hey, you take that back! :)

Ohio is home to the following firsts: the first traffic light, ambulance service, police cars, professional fire department, service station . . . yep

What about The Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame
The National Museum of the USAF
The largest Oktoberfest in the country
Wright Bros, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn . . . need I go on

The Buckeye Kid

Been to OH a few times, never seen a full service fill up station there, and I've never been to NJ -I think it might literally be the only state in the North East that I have NOT been to be honest. To the folks saying it's mandatory full service in OR, that is surprising, I was just in Portland for my cousin's wedding and filled my own tank 3-4 times while I was there at different gas stations. Weird.

I remember as a kid in California seeing the signs for price difference between self-service and full-service, but I don't ever remember actually seeing anyone but the vehicle operator or a passenger filling up the fuel in a car here.

If you drove off without your gascap, sorry about that, I had quite a collection by the time I quit :)

I remember coming home from a party in college with a friend of mine. We were both hung-over as hell, and we had to stop for gas. Stopped, filled up, and drove off with the gas cap on the roof. Just as we pulled onto the highway we heard it rattle off. So we dragged our hurtin' selves out to look for it. After a few minutes my friend said "Got it!" and proceeded to head back to the car. After we got back inside I mentioned that I was glad he found it so quick. That's when he told me he didn't actually find *his* gas cap, he just found *a* gas cap. "This one's actually better", he said, "because it's got a lock on it." Neither one of us realized what he'd just done, until he had to fill up again a few days later...

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-03%20at%209.15.27%20AM.png

I would not describe stations in NJ as "full service." They pump your gas, yes, but that's all. In three years here I've only seen an attendant clean somebody's windshield once. Never check oil, tire pressure, or anything else. In fact, if you want air in your tires, you're going to have to pay $1-1.50 to run a compressor for two minutes.

Ohio is home to the following firsts: the first traffic light, ambulance service, police cars, professional fire department, service station . . . yep

The Buckeye Kid

Don't forget the Football Hall of Fame in my hometown!
Or 8 presidents...

Seriously though, it just goes to show that there are jack-a$$es in every state. I haven't seen a service attendant in Ohio since the early 80's. Sounds like a senior citizen that forgot their meds.

The Buckeye Kid

Don't forget the first professional baseball team!

I just drove through Oregon and the attendant was so confused when I got out to pump my own gas. "Oh, no man...it's full service in Oregon. Where are you from?" I was bummed I got out of my car and could have just been like, "Fill 'er up, my man."

Back