slow cooker with ITC -308 attached

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardsmith

Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum used an Inkbird temperature controller with a slow cooker to raise the temperature of milk and cook the resulting curds for cheese? I am about to try to make some feta style cheese in this way (can't get the raw milk until Wednesday) and wonder what your experience has been with this kind of set up to control the target temperatures. Thanks

bernard....how did this work out for you? I have been pondering the same thing...maybe even coupling a double broiler with a transfer pump and a induction cooking plate....making sous vide (water bath slow cooker).

Really want to try cheese making....really don't want to be tied to a stove for hours.

The two gallon slow cooker I intended to buy did not in fact hold 2 gallons so have been stuck adding hot water to my double boiler to increase the temp that way. I have to think that the Inkbird would work although it is not really designed to make it easy to slowly change the settings...

Back