simple gas setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I'm making a brewstand and while WILL go to electric in the future, I'm staving that off for now until I can wrap my head around exactly what I want.

In the meantime, I have two propane tanks, two separate burners, one on stand one on floor plate. These have been making do for me, and while I can use them for my new stand, I'd much rather simplify things.

I'm thinking for the short term to use one 20# tank and run a splitter on the frame to each of the burners. I was thinking of the burner here or here
One on the stand is this one, so I'll probably dismantle that and use it.
So I need to buy one more burner. I've seen lots on this high vs low pressure and yadda yadda, but does it matter for 5 gallon brews? I can finish this with 70k BTU right? The mounted one apparently is 55k BTU (based on Target, can't find it on the burner). That would go to HLT probably then the 70k to BK

So 70k for HLT, the other one for BK?
And since I don't know much about gas:
1) one reg at the tank(what psi?) Current one is 10 PSI
2) will plumb into BIP then have needle valves by the burners(probably better than those shutters right?
3) the flexible metal pipe between BIP and burners?

Latest posts

Back