Shopping List - What am I missing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon03

Reaction score
So I plan to build a keezer. I've put togethor the "hardware" list, but would like to see if anyone spots anything I am missing?

I Already have: 4 Pin Lock Kegs, CO2 Cylinder, Dual Guage Regulator and a chest freezer that will hold the 4 kegs and CO2 cylinder.

4x Tail Piece 3/16"
4x Beer Shank Wing Nut
4x Beer Shank - Chrome Plated 4.125" 3/16" bore
4x Beer Faucet - Chrome w/ Brass Lever
4x Black Neoprene Beer Shank Washer
40 ft 3/16" ID Beverage Tubing
14x 3/16” ID Barbed Swivel Nut
4x Economy Tap Handle
1x CO2 Distributor 4-Way w/ 1/4" MFL shutoffs
18x Stepless Clamp No 145 Oetiker
4x Pin Lock Disconnect - 1/4" MFL Liquid
4x Pin Lock Disconnect - 1/4" MFL Gas

My thoughts on configuration is shown below:
keezer-setup.jpg

I think you pretty much have it, besides stuff to make the collar. Maybe a recirculation fan also.

Thanks. I am looking at the collar separately, right now I am just trying to get my hardware in line and shopping around for best prices. I had plans on adding a couple recirculating fans to it, but I see so many builds without them that I figure I can add it on later.

Silicone caulk. Put the dehumidifier in for a day with the chest freezer off and then caulk all the seams. Will save you a bunch of rust problems.

Also if you're not in AZ or CO I'd say get the Eva dry (or two) and just put a computer fan in there pointing at the dehumidifier. It'll save you from dealing with condensation, and also help with line foaming (temp differences).

Thanks for the responses and tips. I placed my order and my hardware is on its way. I decided to split it across a few different suppliers to save some cost. Ended up saving about $4 per tap and got some extras for the same investment (Stainless Steel shanks instead of chrome, Keg Lube, Faucet & Hex Wrench, swivel nuts, handle, washers, clamps, extra line).

Coming out to about $83 per tap.

You made the right choice going stainless! Well worth the difference. I would always recommend MFL fittings over barbed as well. I have paid to replace almost all of my original setup because of going cheap and using chromed parts and barbed fittings. Every time I ended up blowing some beer into a gas line, I would have to cut hoses off and replace. Now I can just undo the flare fittings and give it a quick rinse. Bite the bullet, get it a little at a time if you have to, but if you're buying retail, GET THE GOOD STUFF! It will pay for itself in the long run.

Back