Shooting 2060 Yards! 1.17 Miles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz

Reaction score
Hey Guys! A couple days ago I went out and did some of my best shooting ever, at 2060 yards! I was shooting my savage 110 BA chambered in 338 Lapua with 300gr Berger OTM's at a steel torso target. Out of a total of 18 rounds fired I landed 4 solid hits. I probably would have done better but I had no idea I was hitting the target so a few times I dialed off after hitting. Time to get a better spotting scope now! Made a short video of the shoot, hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not into guns at all, but that was the coolest sh*t I've seen in a long time. Nice work shooting, and great video!

I'm not into guns at all, but that was the coolest sh*t I've seen in a long time. Nice work shooting, and great video!

Same goes for me, I'm not a gun guy either. I didn't even realize a person could shoot that far accurately. WOW! I'm impressed!

That's incredible. Being able to adjust for windage and and bullet drop just blows my mind. Just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Outstanding work Grizz. I just got back from the Range with my 308 at a measly 200 yards and had my final 3 shot group all touching one another on a factory load (Federal Gold Medal Match). Super happy with that. These shots have to feel great when the steel sings.
Now on to the gun talk. I've been eyeing this rifle for awhile, between that and the Bushmaster BA50. Have you done any modifications to the rifle itself and what type of optics you have mounted?

Outstanding work Grizz. I just got back from the Range with my 308 at a measly 200 yards and had my final 3 shot group all touching one another on a factory load (Federal Gold Medal Match). Super happy with that. These shots have to feel great when the steel sings.
Now on to the gun talk. I've been eyeing this rifle for awhile, between that and the Bushmaster BA50. Have you done any modifications to the rifle itself and what type of optics you have mounted?

That's some good shooting at 200 yards there! Well if you go with the 338 lapua the savage is a good choice. Ok so the only mods I did was get a 30 MOA scope base from Ken Farrell, and I also installed a barrett M98b butt pad on it too. The stock butt pad is ok but not as nice as the thick gel pad from barrett. A buddy of mine had an extra one so I lucked out on that. The scope is a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56 mil/mil with the MLR reticle, the scope is really nice. Other than that it has a harris bipod on it. The stock trigger is very nice and breaks very clean, savage did a really good job there. Good luck on what ever rifle you decide on!

Back