Server Errors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipsonse

Reaction score
I thought I would brew a beer today on the Zymatic and I keep getting server error messages. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing because the problem was with Picobrew or if it is my unit with the problem. Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm getting that error as well today. I'm getting it when I try and pull up the recipes. Every once in a while it works, but when I click to brew that recipe it gives me the server error message again. I'm going to try resetting the system and see what it does.

Reset didn't work. Looks like it's on the Picobrew side. If you get on the Facebook groups there's a bunch of workarounds people have come up with. Some are more technical than others, but I haven't had time to do it yet to confirm.

There is a Python (program language) webserver that was built 2 years prior to the receivership / shutdown in 2020 that has since become a full replacement for all things Picobrew (every single Picobrew hot side device is supported as well as Tilt and iSpindel reporting). This was built to be SUPER EASY for non technical users to adopt via providing a RaspberryPi pre-built image (similar to raspberrypints, tiltpi, etc) all you have to be able to do is insert an SD card and know how to burn effectively a CD ROM but to the SD card. Entire RaspberryPi process is well documented here, True Potential of Picobrew = ChiefWigms Server + RaspberryPi.

There is also a windows based app that you can use if you dedicated a windows computer during your brew sessions for your equipment. Read about that here, The Small Brew Companion – Making it easy to brew offline since 2020.

Both main contributors to the chiefwigms server are here on HBT and can help in any way we can. We have even assisted users here with imaging SD cards via remote sessions and zoom/video conferencing. We have abstracted away all the technical aspects to setting up this solution and simply rely on you crafting recipes elsewhere (BrewFather, BeerSmith, or a community run BrewCrafter at crafter.pilotbatchbrewing.com). Definitely let me know how I can help as I'd hate for anyone to leave homebrewing due to technical issues like these.

There is a Python (program language) webserver that was built 2 years prior to the receivership / shutdown in 2020 that has since become a full replacement for all things Picobrew (every single Picobrew hot side device is supported as well as Tilt and iSpindel reporting). This was built to be SUPER EASY for non technical users to adopt via providing a RaspberryPi pre-built image (similar to raspberrypints, tiltpi, etc) all you have to be able to do is insert an SD card and know how to burn effectively a CD ROM but to the SD card. Entire RaspberryPi process is well documented here, True Potential of Picobrew = ChiefWigms Server + RaspberryPi.

There is also a windows based app that you can use if you dedicated a windows computer during your brew sessions for your equipment. Read about that here, The Small Brew Companion – Making it easy to brew offline since 2020.

Both main contributors to the chiefwigms server are here on HBT and can help in any way we can. We have even assisted users here with imaging SD cards via remote sessions and zoom/video conferencing. We have abstracted away all the technical aspects to setting up this solution and simply rely on you crafting recipes elsewhere (BrewFather, BeerSmith, or a community run BrewCrafter at crafter.pilotbatchbrewing.com). Definitely let me know how I can help as I'd hate for anyone to leave homebrewing due to technical issues like these.
Thanks for your hard job.
Could you let me know how to sync my picobrew chiefwigms server whit my machine?
I already have the product id, but

Thanks for your support and for all your hard job.
When I try to sync the chiefwigms server with recipe creator from crafter.pilotbatchbrewing.com , it is requested a "picobrew token" and a "server"
Do I have to fill the "picobrew token" with my id machine? How do I get the server details from chiefwigms?
Kind regards from Spain!

> Could you let me know how to sync my picobrew chiefwigms server whit my machine?

The machine syncs by connecting to the PICOBREW access point from the chiefwigms server (or via DNS redirection if you have a custom network setup and not the community Pi image).

> When I try to sync the chiefwigms server with recipe creator from crafter.pilotbatchbrewing.com , it is requested a "picobrew token" and a "server"
Do I have to fill the "picobrew token" with my id machine? How do I get the server details from chiefwigms?

picobrew token is only used when talking to picobrew.com (proper) whereas the "server address" is used when communicating to a local server. By default the address of the community server is typically http://raspberrypi though depending on your network this may need to be a localized ip address

Latest posts

Back