Ridiculously Coudy “Wolf Pup” Session IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerAddikt

Expert Beer Quaffer
Reaction score
I’m at the local Applebee’s and ordered a Wolf Pup which is a session IPA by Golden Road Brewing in LA that should pour crystal clear.

I was presented with hands down the cloudiest beer I’ve ever seen. I asked the server and she agreed to have the bartender pour me another. Again, cloudier than Seattle in the winter. These beers are so cloudy they’d put any NEIPA to shame.

The server says that the bartender said occasionally he’ll pour a glass and they turn out like this. I got two in a row though. Wtf could possibly cause a crystal clear IPA to pour like this other than a mislabeled keg of a NEIPA? Or the dip tube is pulling a boat load of sediment.

Thoughts?

I ended up sending them back and getting a Boston Lager.

Attachments

• AE896050-244F-451D-9AA2-CD52A142196B.jpeg
    AE896050-244F-451D-9AA2-CD52A142196B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 245
There is a juice carton on the table...

But maybe they changed the recipe and turned it into a NE style beer? Or maybe, seeing that the beer is served in a local bar/pub, but their keg practice isn't very good.

Wow, those look horrible. Mislabeled beer is certainly possible at a place like Appleby's. Beer lines badly in need of a cleaning, maybe, but I've never seen that problem result in a clear beer looking like that.

Could be the end of the keg run and have a lot of yeast and sediment I've seen a local beer here come out like that

I would send the photos and email to the brewery and see what they say. If I were them, I would want to know about this. It's either a mistake/change at the brewery or a mistake at the server. Either way, it's their product that is potentially being adulterated.

I would send the photos and email to the brewery and see what they say. If I were them, I would want to know about this. It's either a mistake/change at the brewery or a mistake at the server. Either way, it's their product that is potentially being adulterated.
+1

My wife ordered a wolf pup with dinner tonight, it was described as cloudy on the menu.

Attachments

• 20180117_202508.jpg
    20180117_202508.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
I’m at the local Applebee’s and ordered a Wolf Pup which is a session IPA by Golden Road Brewing in LA that should pour crystal clear.
So, I went and looked at Rate Beer for Wolf Pup, and the funny thing is that up until about OCT 2017, reviewers note the clarity of the beer. Around NOV 2017, reviewers start to use terms like "hazy straw" and "cloudy". Perhaps Golden Road changed up their recipe/procedure with some dry hopping during fermentation?

A hazy NEIPA from dry hopping processes does NOT equal the OP's picture. Those pints have some yeast/whatever in them. Idk exactly, but I know a hazy NEIPA should look like the more recent picture in this thread.

Back