repairing a glycol chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyp42

Reaction score
Hi guys any fridge experts on here? Ive acquired a couple of gycol chillers that need repair. One is brand new and i was told it has a gas leak. When I fire it up the compressor kicks in and buzzes for 5 seconds then I hear a click and it cuts out. It repeats this a few minutes later. I swapped out the starter relay from the other unit but its still does the same.

Any ideas? could the compressor be stuffed?

The second unit runs and the evaporator coil builds up ice where it goes from the small 4mm copper pipe out to the larger 10mm copper pipe but only the first few feet of copper pipe is frozen? Any suggestions??

I'm betting both units are low or out of working fluid.
And on the first one, is it possible it's equipped with a low-pressure cut-off switch on the suction side?

Cheers!

I'm betting both units are low or out of working fluid.
And on the first one, is it possible it's equipped with a low-pressure cut-off switch on the suction side?

Cheers!
There are no other wires going anywhere near the compressor so I assume there is no low pressure switch. Here is a video if the compressor on the first unit.

Latest posts

Back