question, not sure if it's appropriate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i'm doing ANOTHER cider, got lazy and didn't get my oats in the oven for brew day soon enough. so ended up with 10 gallons of apple juice again. $3 a gallon ain't bad, but i'm thinking, i want to spice it up....i got pounds of all kinds of spices, star anise, corriander, fennel...got a little jar of cinnamon....i got a pound of cardamom, you name it i probably have a queart masson jar full....

i'm thinking boiling a bit of the juice with some before fermentation....but kinda curious what would be something you'd try? most of what a saw from cursory glance at this forum, was juice blends, and other stuff like that.....

toss me some idea brothers! i'm getting bored with straight fermented apple juice, but it's so damn easy to make! want to spice it up! ;) :mug:

i'm thinking something like an ounce of cardamom, and like 14gms corriander, with maybe 1/4oz star anise would be what is on top of my head....what do you think? not looking for a sure thing!

(sorry if i only looked at the first page here)

looks good, about exactly what i was wanting, got a x% i should multiply a recipe by for 10 gallons? and the idea of pepper corns is cool!

but i also like the mood tone, being i'm losing my job in a month...i went with 42gms allspice, 28gms black cardamom, 14gms star anise, and 7gms green cardomom, for a touch of optimism for the future still! hope it's good! 🤞 :mug:

(think i will add about 2-3 grams pepper to it, just because that sounds cool/hot?)

just warm chai-spice mulled fresh cider with bourbon or rum.

lol, i need to ferment the juice or i'll get too many calories! :mug: i got the pot of spiced juice cooling now, all i'm really getting is the allspice....but it is pleasing....

edit: but damn, some molasses would be good as a adjunct in cider?

Go easy on any Cinnamon.

That stuff can wreck it if you're not very very careful

Little bit then test.

Can't take it out

Back