Question about fermentation with Jester King dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TandemTails

Reaction score
I've been building up a culture of Jester King dregs and would like to make a clone of their Le Petit Prince farmhouse ale (http://jesterkingbrewery.com/jester-king-homebrew-recipes-part-ii)

My question is to anyone who has brewed with a JK culture...

How did you set up your fermentation schedule? I couldn't really find anything in their homebrew recipes aside from one random recipe mentioning primary at 80'F.

I was thinking of letting it sit in primary for 3-4 weeks which I'd hope would be enough time to lend some of that recognizable JK flavor but I wasn't really sure.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I know this is old, but just found it as I did my second batch of le petit a few hours ago and wanted to see what was on here about it. Did you make it, and if so, how did it come out? I did my first batch off dregs from noble king, and came out awesome. did a head to head and got 4/4 people to pick mine as their favorite (did get 3.4% abv so was able to pack a bit more flavor in mine). running three other JK knockoffs now as well, so if you're still here, post away with your experience and I can with mine so we can help future users.

Back