Pushed a stopper through glass carboy, what now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henryw

Reaction score
Brewed a small batch and put into small glass 1 gallon jug and when I went to push the stopper down I pushed a little too hard and it shot straight through and into the jug. After trying for about 2 minutes to get it out I couldnt. I was in a huge rush to leave and was holding others up so Ihad to just leave it. So my question is will it have a flavor because its been in there during fermentation. Also any tips on how to get it out?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1ovAYtKuQ[/ame]

Works like a champ for bungs and carboys.

I've done this myself. This is a quick and easy solution.

Do it after the beer is fermented and racked to your keg/bottling bucket. Ignore it till then.

Welcome to HBT

You are probably fine if it was sanitized. I use a bent coat hanger to fish stoppers out when that happens.

You are probably fine if it was sanitized. I use a bent coat hanger to fish stoppers out when that happens.

This is truth. As for worry: Don't. A lot of us (Hi there!) have done this. My barleywine that aged on the stopper for 6 months tasted just fine.

Back