Propane burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john langley

Reaction score
Greetings;

My propane burner is incapable of producing a nice clean, blue flame and leaves horrible soot residue on the kettle. The air intake adjustment does nothing, it was cheap and I don't expect much from it at this point.

Question is, from experience what would be a good burner.

Looking at the Edelmetal brü burner, $150 plus the legs are $50 more to raise it up off the ground.

I have no problem spending that if it lives up to the hype.

Any experience out there with this burner, or any other quality alternative that may be more reasonably priced ?

I would add the Blichmann Hellfire to your search list. It is built like a rock and puts out an amazing amount of heat. It cut my brew day heating times in half when I switched to this burner.

I would recommend a Floor Burner with the 24 inch legs but it appears Blichmann went all-in on the HellFire and discontinued it's less crazy sibling.

Otherwise, perhaps a KAB6 with some creative leg construction might work for lots less $$

Not a fan of the Edemetal for the asking price...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back