• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale One 25L (6.6 gallon) keg for aging/fermenting/small keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
Selling off the two one 25L keg I bought new around 2011. I had a ball lock base TIG welded into each of them for use with a gas post. This was to allow for CO2 push transfers. Can also be used to connect a spunding valve (or blowoff hose) if desired. The kegs come as pictured.

These could also be converted into keggles if you want to. Would be good for people brewing small batches. Yes, they do stack on top of each other easily for compact storage.

Terms: face to face, cash money
Price: $50 each as shown. $45 each without the gas post (part that can be removed).
IF shipping, buyer provides label.

Pictures:
PXL_20210906_195820507.jpg

PXL_20210906_195845935.jpg

Last edited:
If someone is serious, and willing to pay complete shipping cost (as in generating a label and sending it to me) I'll ship. Transfers will need to be done via Zelle. NOT PP or Venmo. :p

Each keg shipping stats are: 13" diameter, 18" tall and 14 pounds weight (just under that, rounding up since all shippers do that). I would wrap in butcher paper and protect the top with some cardboard (so nothing goes inside or damages the gas post/fitting.

I am in VT. I'm not sure I understand - how do these seal? Are they sanke? That middle opening looks threaded.

They are threaded sanke kegs. You can use any of the kegmenter caps that use a 2" TC cap as their base. It's what I was using with them. I mainly used them for aging vessels, but you can also ferment in them.

@MoreHopsPlease I also have a kegmenter cap available that fully mates to the opening. Includes the liquid post and a thermowell in the cap. Gas post (for doing a CO2 push) is on the keg itself. No more gravity transfers with this setup (or lifting the keg to move the contents).

How it works is easy. The cap has the liquid (out) post setup on it (with dip tube) and thermowell (for the sensor/probe of your choice). The keg has the gas post on it for CO2 in (for transfers, purging, etc.).

PXL_20210912_160301534.jpg

I originally used o-rings between the cap and keg stem. Now you can get the gaskets that are setup for use like this (flat on one side, ridge on the other to the cap). Those have a larger surface contact area to make sealing easier. Plus they stay in position easier than the o-rings did.

That sounds like a nice setup, but I think I am going to have to pass for now. I didn't realize how far away you are from me. I am in NH often, but not close to where you are.

That sounds like a nice setup, but I think I am going to have to pass for now. I didn't realize how far away you are from me. I am in NH often, but not close to where you are.
If you want it shipped, see the opening post. It cost the other person about $25 to get the keg sent to VA from here. If you want the cap as well, I'd rather send it in a tube than in the keg. Mostly to avoid damage to the liquid post/setup.

Latest posts

Back