Omega Lutra Kveik produce fusel alcohol?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Csin

Reaction score
Hi, I have been brewing since 1 year ago. But recently has tried the omega lutra kveik dry yeast for a few batches.

It's pretty fast and quite clean, and taste fruity.

Below is some data of my last brew

OG 1054
FG 1008
ABV 6%

Pilsner grain 4kg
pale ale grain 1kg

23L

Hops: hallertauer mittelfrüh 50g at 60mins, 15g at 15mins

Fermentation temp 32-35c ,1week
Keg with co2 ,2weeks

But my last brew went a bit weird, after I drink like 2 pints, I started feel light headed and dizzy. And when l was lying down, I feel like the ceiling is spinning..

My brew taste like normal and mayb a slight burning sensation like we will find in vodka, but very minimum.

Is this fusel alcohol? Anyone here encounter this before?

i have 1 more batch of lutra, done fermentation in 2 days. I will check and see.

Did you use a yeast nutrient? I’ve heard that if you’re gonna ferment at higher temps with kveik you gotta give it some nutrient. May be the reason for the taste.

Did you use a yeast nutrient? I’ve heard that if you’re gonna ferment at higher temps with kveik you gotta give it some nutrient. May be the reason for the taste.
Hi,

i did not use any yeast nutrient. but from my previous batch with lutra kveik, all seems good.

mayb this time the room temp was a bit high.

Temp seems a bit elevated, even though they say it should be fine for kveik. I usually add nutrients, especially when brewing low alcohol beers. They seem to do better.

Back