New kegerator: need help with draft tower bev line installation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makisupapolice14

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to this draft beer thing and I just acquired a cheap old bev air bm-23 a few days back and need some help with installing the new beverage line. I went to a local draft beer supply store and based on their advice they provided me with new beverage line with what I believe is an elbow shank attachment for the draft tower.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451682577.827638.jpg

When I opened the top of the tower this is what was present:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451682622.059815.jpg

As you can see this appears to be a 90 degree shank. Is there anyway to assemble this new beverage line with this elbow attachment to the current shank setup? The old crappy beverage line was simply jammed onto that "male" shank attachment. I can cut the new line and leave that elbow attachment behind but I'm not sure if that's the best option. It is a 3/16" Idx 7/16" od.

Here's a pic of both together
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451682853.660187.jpg

Pardon my ignorance and thanks for the help!

Not sure if I can be much help on this one. My bm-23 has a threaded fitting that the 90 threads into. Can you crimp your line to the existing barbed fitting?

The shank attached to the hose will have to be cut off and the hose crimped onto the barb on the tower shank. I suppose you could replace the tower shank if you really want to use the threaded elbow.

The shank attached to the hose will have to be cut off and the hose crimped onto the barb on the tower shank. I suppose you could replace the tower shank if you really want to use the threaded elbow.

That's what I figured. No big deal just hope I can force it into the barbed fitting without too much effort, since the same tubing was quite difficult to remove. The towel shank was $2 and I can return it if need be haha.

That's what I figured. No big deal just hope I can force it into the barbed fitting without too much effort, since the same tubing was quite difficult to remove. The towel shank was $2 and I can return it if need be haha.

Try warming up both the barbed fitting and the tubing with a hair dryer or heat gun, and use a little kegging lubricant.

Try warming up both the barbed fitting and the tubing with a hair dryer or heat gun, and use a little kegging lubricant.

Exactly what I was going to recommend, heat up the tubing with boiling water and should slide right on. They go on easier than they come off.

Worked out great heating with a blow dryer. Replacing the door gasket on this old bev air was another story. After quite awhile got it replaced but the seal isn't nearly as good as I had hoped. Looks like I may buy a heavy duty Velcro seal to reinforce the door.

Latest posts

Back