NEW Brookline/Boston area Home Brew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbrewer88

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I've come across an opportunity to start a new home brew club in Brookline, MA. While a group of my friends have been home brewing and sharing for a few years, we would like to expand interest and meet some new people who enjoy beer as much as us. I've been shopping at the recently opened Boston Homebrew Supply for the last few months in Coolidge Corner (1378B Beacon Street, Brookline, MA) and my friends and I asked the owner how he feels about a home brew club. He said he would happily host a club after hours, and the rules are that we could all bring beer, but the owner cannot serve any of his own (as the store is simply hosting us).

I'm thinking we'll try a Thursday in the near future. How about July 31st at 7:00? No charge. The first session could be as simple as...beer. If you home brew or even if you just like beer, we would love to all get in a room and talk about suds over some suds. For the first meeting, pick a beer...any beer. If you made one, bring some to talk about and pass around. If you don't have any home brew to bring, bring a beer you like and talk about it. If people like it and are interested in returning, we can get more formal about timing and subjects.

Any takers?

Sincerely,
Jeremy

Good afternoon everyone,

I've come across an opportunity to start a new home brew club in Brookline, MA. While a group of my friends have been home brewing and sharing for a few years, we would like to expand interest and meet some new people who enjoy beer as much as us. I've been shopping at the recently opened Boston Homebrew Supply for the last few months in Coolidge Corner (1378B Beacon Street, Brookline, MA) and my friends and I asked the owner how he feels about a home brew club. He said he would happily host a club after hours, and the rules are that we could all bring beer, but the owner cannot serve any of his own (as the store is simply hosting us).

I'm thinking we'll try a Thursday in the near future. How about July 31st at 7:00? No charge. The first session could be as simple as...beer. If you home brew or even if you just like beer, we would love to all get in a room and talk about suds over some suds. For the first meeting, pick a beer...any beer. If you made one, bring some to talk about and pass around. If you don't have any home brew to bring, bring a beer you like and talk about it. If people like it and are interested in returning, we can get more formal about timing and subjects.

Any takers?

Sincerely,
Jeremy

Interesting. Im in, i live near cleveland circle and been thinking of joining the wort processors.

Great. None of us have done a club before, so it will be pretty informal to start. However, we're all passionate about our brewing and the space will be great for it. We're confirmed for 7/31 @ 7PM. At the first meeting we'll talk about what we want to formalize going forward, and we can pick a name. I think it will be a lot of fun, and ultimately it will be what we make of it. Hope to see you there!

While the original idea was for beer, I think bringing mead into this would be interesting and most certainly welcome. I have no experience with mead, but I've actually been considering making some for a while now. The different experience should be interesting. Hope to see you there!

Yeah I still make quite a bit of beer (BIAB) still, but have been focusing on meads with alternate fermentations like brett and lambic blends etc recently.

Right now I think we've got about 10 confirmed, but we'll have to see how its turns out. I'm bringing a growler of my beer, but I'd think with mead a smaller sample is expected. I'll be bringing small sample cups that we can rinse and use to taste everything as well.

Hey gang, chances are I will not be able to make it...I might swing by to meet people, but I have to drive today to Hollis to pick up some stuff.

I'm going to inventory my meads tonight and see what I have. But I'm looking to bring 12ozs of
--
Lambic
Blackberry
and a Sweet 3 honey blend traditional

I'm going to inventory my meads tonight and see what I have. But I'm looking to bring 12ozs of
--
Lambic
Blackberry
and a Sweet 3 honey blend traditional

Sounds great. Can't wait. I'll be bringing a growler of my beer and a few of my commercial inspirations for this particular beer.

This Thursday (8/28) will be our second meeting, and will again be hosted at Boston Hombrew Supply in Brookline from 7:00-9:00PM. We had a great first meeting last time, and since then we have collected quite a bit of feedback on what we want to do going forward. This week we will be presenting some possible themes for future meetings, picking our club name, and of course tasting some delicious homebrews.

We welcome anyone to join, and if you haven't already, please sign up at http://brooklineog.ticketleap.com/secondmeeting/

The only rule is to bring a beer for everyone to taste. We hope to see you there.

I just settled into a new apartment in Allston (about a 20 minute walk from BosHBS) and would love to jump in on this. I haven't brewed all summer due to the awful condition of my previous kitchen, but I'd love to get to know some local home brewers and talk beer! Has the third meeting been planned yet?

Latest posts

Back