My Spring.... My weekend....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smccarter

Reaction score
Haven't posted in quite awhile. My wife stated in February that she "wanted a front yard", so....

I completely tilled up the front yard. Then added 41 yards of dirt. I trenced for a drainage system including downspout water basins. I installed an automatic sprinkler system. I built a retaining wall, filled the area with dirt and created a nice flower garden. I added to my privacy fence... about 10 feet or so, and mulched a HUGE!!! area.... I then sodded the whole thing. I was beat, and for the entire time, I wasn't brewing any beer, so....

Last weekend, and this evening...

I brewed an ordinary bitter, a saison, and an American rye ale. I kegged 2 beers that I brewed in February. This evening, I cleaned two fawcets and lines, and tapped the 2 beers I brewed in February. An ordinary bitter and a wee heavy.

Oh yeah... I mowed the lawn today. The front yard looks really nice for the wife, so she didn't say a word about my brew weekend. I wish I had taken pictures or video of the process. It was a lot of work. Very rewarding though.

I poured an ordinary bitter and am setting on the couch drinking it. The 2 beers aged for 4 months, then lagered for a month before kegging. This is a really nice beer. I'm going to give it a couple more days in the fridge to clear a bit more, but it's really nice. I can't wait to finish this one so I can taste the wee heavy. The sample I took when I kegged it was awesome, so carbonated it should be really nice.

Anyhoo... It's nice to be back, and talk with you soon.

Haven't posted in quite awhile. My wife stated in February that she "wanted a front yard", so....

I completely tilled up the front yard. Then added 41 yards of dirt. I trenced for a drainage system including downspout water basins. I installed an automatic sprinkler system. I built a retaining wall, filled the area with dirt and created a nice flower garden. I added to my privacy fence... about 10 feet or so, and mulched a HUGE!!! area.... I then sodded the whole thing. I was beat, and for the entire time, I wasn't brewing any beer, so....

Last weekend, and this evening...

I brewed an ordinary bitter, a saison, and an American rye ale. I kegged 2 beers that I brewed in February. This evening, I cleaned two fawcets and lines, and tapped the 2 beers I brewed in February. An ordinary bitter and a wee heavy.

Oh yeah... I mowed the lawn today. The front yard looks really nice for the wife, so she didn't say a word about my brew weekend. I wish I had taken pictures or video of the process. It was a lot of work. Very rewarding though.

I poured an ordinary bitter and am setting on the couch drinking it. The 2 beers aged for 4 months, then lagered for a month before kegging. This is a really nice beer. I'm going to give it a couple more days in the fridge to clear a bit more, but it's really nice. I can't wait to finish this one so I can taste the wee heavy. The sample I took when I kegged it was awesome, so carbonated it should be really nice.

Anyhoo... It's nice to be back, and talk with you soon.

You earned your beer!

I did almost the same thing, but in the back of my house. It's a lot of work.

Back