Mr. Heater angle iron stoves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Q/A section it states 15000 BTU on the single burner, that might be a little low for an all grain 7 gallon boil, but would work for a 3 gallon extract boil.

That looks just like a KAB6 burner, low pressure propane, 210,000BTU, but the regulator an Stainless braid hose looks much better.

I used a KAB4 until I went all electric. A little over kill, but you can handle 7gallon boils with it at 1/4 open and 14 gallon boils at 1/2 open. That is a great price too.

I used the 210k BTU burner for 5gallons brews for many years, there is enough control with the low pressure regulator that you can throttle it down to ~50KBTU and below. Then when you get a bigger kettle it can handel it. Honestly even when I was doing 10gallon batches with it I never opened it fully, I think the Max BTUs I ever used was 150K. And if some day you get really crazy Id bet you could boil a 55gallon pot with that burner.

If I where you Id go with the 210K model.

The big issue with those burners is the valve. They are very poor quality and doomed to fail.

Sorry, I only looked at the first one. The second 2 are both excellent choices. For 7 gallons the 6" is adequate and a WHOLE lot quieter.

I just found these today.. I believe, from what I've seen, is that these burners sold at the webrestrauntstore ARE Bayou Classics. Someplace in my search it showed that Backyard Pro burners are made by the same company that makes the Bayou Classic. I can't find the name of the parent company with Google.. starts with a "B".. but sounds like they might be Chev/Caddy

Yah.. 210K is unreal.. In fact.. I think 185K is overkill.. but... For less than $40 plus shipping.. I think I'll step in. How much did it cost for shipping for your big'un??

Well, for my money.. websturants.com is a rip off on shipping. NO WAY it costs half that much to ship. While the 185k BTU burner is worth salivating over.. especially for $38+ .. $28 for shipping sucks BIG TIME. So, back to Bayou Classic at 55K btu. and FREE shipping. I'm sure 55k will be enough for boiling 5+ gallons. In fact, I'll be using my old turkey fryer burner with unknown btu's.. enough to sort of get 5G on a non-windy day to a good boil. I'll be using that for the strike water and the Classic for the boil.... rock on.

My local restaurant store had it so no shipping. The 55k will be good. I'm hoping to move to 10 gallon at some point in the near future

Back