Minnesota Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
Hey its getting to be about that time again, it seems like we will finally be consistently above freezing here in Minnesota.

Any of you MN brewers out there want to get a group brew organized and going within the next month or so? Reply here or send me a PM and lets get this truck rolling!

:mug:

Tell you what...all you MN brewers can come up to Lake of the Woods in beautiful Baudette, and ill provide the river front views complete with trophy walleye fishing, soaring bald eagles, and a 200 lb smoked hog.

Plenty of room for a dozen guys (or gals) to bring the brewing setups to my place and setup with an amazing view of Canada as you brew.

Work with me here...can you tell I'm 'thirsty' for some fellow homebrewer companionship? No homebrew club withing 100+ miles as far as i know. I have friends that all enjoy the fact that i brew, but no other brewers in town that I am aware of.

MNBugeater

That sounds awesome, you are way up there eh. A little fishing, a little BBQ, a little brewing. Cant think of anything better myself.

I dont know how many would want to drive the 300+ miles from the twin cities, but I am certainly interested.

Reminds me of a joke:

Dude buys a ranch in Texas.. about 100 miles from the nearest town and at least 10 miles from the nearest neighbour.

One day a bloke drives up his driveway and introduces himself as the neighbour 10 miles to the North. He invites him to a party. "Come on over partner, it's gonna be a great time! There's gonna be some eatin, LOTS of drinkin, lots of f**king and probably some fightin!"

The guy says "Great! I'll be there! How many people will be there?"

Bloke says.. "Oh, it's only gonna be you an me"

Hey MN Brewers--

Are there any MN Brew competitions that you enter? One of my goals this year is to get in 3-4 homebrew contests just to see how professionals rate my beer. I'm planning on the Scooner in Wisconsin and hopefully the MN State Fair. Any others you guys do?

And do you know if you actually have to be present at these contests, or can you just send in your brews ?

Back