• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Midwest sale on pin lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine coming..real good deal. My shipping was $51.80 on 4 kegs, not bad.

These come out to be $122.37 shipped so that is $31 for each keg basically. MY LHBS has them for $39.99 plus tax so thats $42.85. Midwest wins by $11 a keg. I really only need 1 or 2 at the most so anyone else in IL want to split this? I am in Huntley, IL I will buy you pick up from me in cash for $31 each keg

I couldn't pass up this deal, especially with the 10% off coupon I found online. i also got a monster mill since i was going to get a mill anyways it saved a little on shipping that on a separate occasion. in case someone needs the coupon code:

ZYMURGY10

can you switch the posts/poppits on the pin locks to ball lock? I use all ball lock kegs, so would want to ultimately keep the same system.

how do you tell what they're going to send you? there's two different threads on Firestone/Hoover versus Cornelius type kegs. I guess you'd have to call them and see if they would tell you what type they are. they also sell both types of conversion kits...

Since the parts are ordered from 2 different places and I don need them right away, I'm just going to order the conversion kit after I get the kegs

nice find on the loose top ones....i dont care what they look like as long as they hold beer

This is from Homebrewfinds.com

Tip 19: Repair Cornelius Keg Handles and Bases. Thank you to Facebook Friend Jason for this technique!

Use automotive brake cleaner to clean the metal and rubber.
Scuff both the metal and rubber with an emery cloth.
Get an appropriate adhesive that works with rubber and metal. Here is a 3M option.
Reattach the Handle or Base using the adhesive, following product specific directions.

I was discussing using both pin lock and ball lock kegs in another thread. If you use MFL's on your hoses, all that is required are pin lock MFL disconnects to switch back and forth. Less labor intensive and probably cheaper in the long run! Disconnects run like $6 a pop online and less chance to strip out your keg posts IMO. Then again not everybody uses MFL's I suppose :D

Kegs were delivered today and not bad shape at all. 3 out of 4 had pressure release valves also which is a nice bonus. Split them 2/2 with wickman6, I think we both made out well on this deal at $31 a keg shipped :rockin:

This is from Homebrewfinds.com

Tip 19: Repair Cornelius Keg Handles and Bases. Thank you to Facebook Friend Jason for this technique!

Use automotive brake cleaner to clean the metal and rubber.
Scuff both the metal and rubber with an emery cloth.
Get an appropriate adhesive that works with rubber and metal. Here is a 3M option.
Reattach the Handle or Base using the adhesive, following product specific directions.

Another nice tip I will throw out there is Plastidip. You can spray on a fresh coat of rubber on your top and bottom parts of you kegs for a clean look. Easy to use and comes off if you want it to. I spray the bottom of my kegs so I dont have to worry about scrubbing the hell out of them just so i can touch them without getting filthy. Buy it at local hardware store, (Home Depot best price so far) or www.plastidip.com.

Many uses for this stuff also...I dipped most of my wrenches with it as well for a grip coating...good stuff to keep around the garage :mug:

Back