making HFCS free soda syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogoer

Reaction score
I just added seltzer to my home bar taps and would like to use it with syrups(hand pump style) to make soda. Ive found a few sources of gallon bottles and bag in box syrups but all of them are made with high fructose corn syrup. I then remembered my local brew store sells those 2oz bottles of soda extract, but they are intended to carb via yeast in bottle. So now what im wondering is if anyone has tried using these as flavoring in homemade simple syrup and then using that as the sweetened soda syrup to make soda from seltzer?

I just added seltzer to my home bar taps and would like to use it with syrups(hand pump style) to make soda. Ive found a few sources of gallon bottles and bag in box syrups but all of them are made with high fructose corn syrup. I then remembered my local brew store sells those 2oz bottles of soda extract, but they are intended to carb via yeast in bottle. So now what im wondering is if anyone has tried using these as flavoring in homemade simple syrup and then using that as the sweetened soda syrup to make soda from seltzer?
I may be wrong, but I think Monin simple syrups are made with plain sugar and not HFCS

Back