Looking to buy gear online in Canada...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leisure Master

Reaction score
Hey all,

Moved back to the motherland (Canada) and now have to buy all new gear to get brewing some beer.

I'm wondering if anyone can make some recommendations of online retailers that are based in Canada where I could pick up some equipment. I'm after a brew kettle, and i want to get a propane burner as well.

Poking around I found a pretty large stock pot which seems good quality, and the shipping is free. But its a bit expensive at $130. http://www.consiglios.ca/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=392&idproduct=2116

And the only propane burner I can find is through Canadian Tire which is a turkey fryer set. It comes with a pot.... but it looks a bit cheap and nasty. I'm pretty sure its aluminum as well. http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=LKTDp5TNw1dy2vJvCHYhb8ZztxWS2yZpmSD2fX1ywMxyrRFhDQqG!-1266136876?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443279361&bmUID=1263145923078

So help me brothers! I'm thinking I should be able to find a better deal online... and I'm really only looking for companies in Canada so I don't have to pay any fees over the border.

Cheers!

:mug:

I got my cooker at Wal-Mart and it is pretty sturdy but a friend has the same one you linked to and even though we have done 10 gallon batches on it, yeah, it is pretty flimsy.

Where in Canada are you?

Rona usually sells a propane burner.

And canadian tire should have some large stockpots. I'm not sure if they're on the website, but I have seen them at most locations.

Do you remember how much it was? I'm can't find any price info online... I'm guessing its more than the cheap one at Canadian Tire. Which is cool... cause who wants crappy cheap stuff?

There are a couple of nice restaurant supply stores in Edmonton, check the yellow pages, one sells used equipment.

Make sure you go to the Homebrewers Guild meetings in Edmonton.

I bought my boil kettle (17 gal) at Canadian Tire (Capilano) for $90. It's massive. Aluminum, yes, but steel kettles are double that price in my experience. I've had no problems with this kettle.

Back