Looking for recipe and scheduling recommendations...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trisha

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm fairly new to homebrewing and really just getting started exploring "good beer" in general, so I'd love to get some recommendations of your absolute favorite go-to extract recipes. I'm open to any and everything, with an eye for exploring different varieties and flavors. Also, I would love to get some advice on how you manage scheduling your brews. I want to be able to reuse yeast, and at the same time try different things. I'm finding that taking temperatures into account is also a hugely limiting factor since our swamp cooler just doesn't cut it with the kinds of temperatures we've been getting lately! I've done three brews so far-- an American Ale (came with my kit), a Bell's Two-Hearted IPA clone, and a chocolate oatmeal stout that is almost ready to move to secondary for aging. I would love to hear your absolute must-brews and how you fit them into your schedule around yeast and temperature.

Scheduling depends on consumption and the availability of equipment.
Without fermentation temp control, you may want to explore Kveik yeasts for brewing in the warm months. There are various strains out there and lots of information in this forums.

Back