LHBS screwup.... What can I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal_J

Reaction score
SOOOOOOO.... I took a trip to the LHBS today hoping to aquire ingredients for 5 gallons of Bee Cave Brewery Haus Ale and 2.5 Gallons of an Irish red. I neglected to completely read the grain order form and forgot to tell the fine gentleman crushing my grain that i needed the grains separated. This of course means I have ended up with the following all happily mixed together:
12# 2-Row
4 oz Pilsner
8oz Caramel 10
1 oz Chocolate
2# vienna
1 oz Buiscuit
2oz Special Roast

I have the following on hand:
1# 14oz 2-row
1.6oz caramel 60
5.7oz caramel 120
6.7oz munich
7.2oz Chocolate Wheat
1# flaiked maize

2oz cascade
1.5oz kent golding
1oz williamette
.5 oz fuggles
.5oz columbus
.5oz magnum

Yeast harvested from Bell's Oberpon
WL Irish Ale yeast
WL English Ale yeast
Nottingham
US-05

Now for the kicker:
What should I concoct? I am assuming I just treat the happy bag as 2-row and go from there, plugging numbersinto beersmith?....

I amnot worried just don'thave thecreative juices flowing right now....

Just brew it and hop it up. It'll be strong but whatever, sounds good enough to me. No need to add any more grain.

I thought about that... I guess I was wondering if I were to split the grain into the proportions for 2.5 and 5 gallions what my potential options were, based on the original combination of grain... I am also not sure that I mash that much grain in a 5 gallon cooler...

how about split it 50/50
the first half you hop with Cascade, Columbus and Magnum. The second half you hop with the EKG,Fuggle and Willamette.
Then you have an American and and Anglo-Irish ale

Back