Lager Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIWI

Reaction score
I am looking for a light lager recipe for my grandsons first birthday party. There are some (adults) that do not care for my homebrews they are Bushlight drinkers. So I am looking for a beer recipe that those individuals may like. Thanks for the help.

This BIAB batch turned out good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-155334.png
    Screenshot_20230217-155334.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Make Your Best Mexican Lager

This recipe is a little weird (Maris Otter, flaked corn, and a tiny bit of Munich).

I prefer the following variations:
  • I've gone up to 50/50 on the Maris/corn.
  • I ferment with W34/70 (dry yeast for convenience, this strain for trouble-free fermentation.)
  • I've never actually tried the full ounce of Motueka, but I've gotten really good results with less (14 g) Lotus, also at 5 minutes. If you weren't feeling adventurous, I'm sure Crystal would give you good results.

Cream of three crops!
That was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/cream-of-three-crops-cream-ale.66503/
Its a long read but I think the recipe on the first page still stands the test of time.

I brew a pretty good crowd pleasure using just 80% 2-row and 20% flaked corn. It generally goes over well, but admittedly I prefer the higher corn content. If I was brewing a really basic type lager for a large group, id probably do 85% 2row, 5% Munich, 10% corn. Hop with something noble-ish (mittelfruh, tettnang, Saaz), or a mixture. I like my lagers around 20IBU. So I hop to about 15IBU at 60, and add a charge at 10 or 15m to get the rest of the way. 34/70 yeast is clean tasty at cold and warm temps. My friends and FIL won't touch anything new or different. I've hooked a few on this type of lager, and rye lager that I brew every year.

70% Vienna
30% Flaked maize

German noble hops 15-20 IBU’s
60 minute
15 minute
5 minute

Ferment warm (55-60f) with 34/70, Diamond Lager or Cellar Science German Lager.

It’s amazing!
👍

70% Vienna
30% Flaked maize

60 minute
15 minute
5 minute

It’s amazing!
I think this is pretty solid, but for the OP I'd recommend Crystal instead of German noble hops. (It's Amurrican!) And shoot for an OG of 1.040-1.045; this won't be as good if it's strong.

70% Vienna
30% Flaked maize

60 minute
15 minute
5 minute

It’s amazing!
What mash Temps do you like to do with this beer. I did a 75 min @149-151ish. Horskurz mash maybe ?

Back