Komos V2 making popping and clicking noises?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsunamiMike

Reaction score
Hey received my Komos V2 2 tap system about a month ago, at that time I noticed some popping, pinging and clicking noises coming from the unit. Now these are loud noises as this unit is in my media room so as we are watching movies it is an unwanted noise.

Anyone else have these issues or notice this sound? What have you done?

The worst part is I went throug my LBS and have no idea who to contact except for them to trouble shoot.

it's most likely the refrigerant in the drier, I forget the exact name of the phenomenon, but my Kitchen fridge does it, make sure all lines slope and are not completely horizontal. that is supposed to help.

it's most likely the refrigerant in the drier, I forget the exact name of the phenomenon, but my Kitchen fridge does it, make sure all lines slope and are not completely horizontal. that is supposed to help.

when you say lines, I assume your talking about the beer lines?

No, the refrigerant lines. for the refrigerator. There may not be much you can do, but I minimized my noises by making sure they sloped back to the compressor

Mine does the same thing as it is around the corner from my desk I hear it frequently. I have read some things about the expansion/contraction of the cold plate being a cause. I loosened some of the cold plate screws and raised the temp a few degrees and that seemed to help slightly, I may need to investigate further. Maybe some plastic washers on either side of the cold plate would help too?

My converted mini fridge sitting right next to it with a bent down freezer makes none of these noises but the cold plate is dangling from the coolant line but I am not so keen on doing that for a new kegerator that cost significantly more.

Back