American IPA kingmatt's crowd pleaser IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I love reading recipes. It’s fun to read, then brew and see if they meet my preconceived tastes. I have a couple dozen in my notes I’d like to try sometime.

Going to Bump this recipe. Thanks to the OP. Made 10 gallons of this, and Wow! My numbers came out a little lower on both OG and FG but love the flavors!

Enjoying a pint of this on the magic 6th week since brew day. Amazing!! 2 thumbs up. Thanks kingmatt for sharing.
SO 5 at 66 for 10 days, let it climb to 70 for 2 days, chilled to 55 for 2 days, dry hopped for 5 days in the keg at 40. Delicious, and the good news is we have 2 kegs to share.

Last edited:
Another 10 in the fermenter. numbers were a little better this time with an OG of 1055.
kingmatt, in your years of tweaking this, what is your best alternate hop for dry hopping? Down to only 2oz left of the precious Mosaic.

Another 10 in the fermenter. numbers were a little better this time with an OG of 1055.
kingmatt, in your years of tweaking this, what is your best alternate hop for dry hopping? Down to only 2oz left of the precious Mosaic.

I personally love citra, especially in the dry hop, paired with Mosaic. I think Nelson would also make a nice pairing, though I haven't tried it yet.

I personally love citra, especially in the dry hop, paired with Mosaic. I think Nelson would also make a nice pairing, though I haven't tried it yet.
In the interest of sticking to the recipe, I ordered another # as this one is getting great reviews. Having a pint of the second keg tonight, 6 weeks in. Has mellowed nicely with age. Brewed another 10 today. Pretty awesome brew for a simple bill,single hop.
BTW, I saw you prowling on the lake walk. If you haven,t, take the plunge.

About to brew 10 gallons of this again. Lhbs didn’t have any mosaic or citra so I picked up a lb of simcoe. Any thoughts. I probably have some mosaic in the freezer but not enough for 10 gallons. All simcoe or mix and match?

About to brew 10 gallons of this again. Lhbs didn’t have any mosaic or citra so I picked up a lb of simcoe. Any thoughts. I probably have some mosaic in the freezer but not enough for 10 gallons. All simcoe or mix and match?

Either option would make for a tasty beer. Simcoe and Mosaic are pretty similar (Simcoe being the "mother" of Mosaic) but I find Mosaic to be fruitier and Simcoe a little more on the "piney" side. I think a mix would make for an interesting beer!

Either option would make for a tasty beer. Simcoe and Mosaic are pretty similar (Simcoe being the "mother" of Mosaic) but I find Mosaic to be fruitier and Simcoe a little more on the "piney" side. I think a mix would make for an interesting beer!

Awesome, thanks

Finally got around to brewing this. So glad I did! I did a FWH of Columbus and a little bit of Columbus in the whirlpool with the Mosaic, so not exactly the same beer, but delicious nonetheless! Honey gold in color, the aroma is classic Mosaic: honeydew, blueberry, bubblegum, and there's a slight touch of grapefruit from the Columbus. Flavor is similar, with the grapefruit being a little more prominent. The wheat lends to a fluffy head. Lovely beer. My wife (who hates beer), sitting in the couch next to me said "oooh that smells fruity." Yes, it does!
20200310_210043-01.jpeg

Finally got around to brewing this. So glad I did! I did a FWH of Columbus and a little bit of Columbus in the whirlpool with the Mosaic, so not exactly the same beer, but delicious nonetheless! Honey gold in color, the aroma is classic Mosaic: honeydew, blueberry, bubblegum, and there's a slight touch of grapefruit from the Columbus. Flavor is similar, with the grapefruit being a little more prominent. The wheat lends to a fluffy head. Lovely beer. My wife (who hates beer), sitting in the couch next to me said "oooh that smells fruity." Yes, it does! View attachment 670429

Looks great!

I brewed a batch of this today. I had some Imperial Flagship A07 show up in the mail today so I unboxed it and pitched minutes later. Looking forward to trying it.

Back