Kegland core 360 mini regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Murph

Homebrew Advocate
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm tired of large bulky regulators. Especially when it is on a small 5lb Co2 tank. I'm interested in learning if others use the mini regulators like those offered by kegland.

Are they accurate?
Are they dependable?
And are the worth the cost?

They look very interesting. Before I pull the trigger I would like to hear from anyone who has experience using them.

I like those and have wondered about them too. Like with some of Kegland's other regulators, I wonder if you can swap the gauge of the 360 out with a digital display?

Looks like a nice design, practically. Accuracy's improved by replacing the little guage with a digital one, apparently. Some reviews (with pics) suggest there's quality issues among initial batches. Not cheap for a cheap Chinese mini regulator. I'll stick with what I've got for the time being. I'll wait at least until the "we think it's really awesome" version 2 to go on sale, after YouTubers have sold all the dodgy version 1 prototypes 🤫

Just sent back one of these. It was cast badly (numerous dents/defects) and the black pressure adjustment knob had sharp grub screws digging into the thread sheering off bits of metal. It seemed to just about work but concerned it may blow off unexpectedly. Given the cost, I'd advise looking elsewhere.

I have 2 Kegland mini-regulators that I use with paintball CO2 and Soda Stream canisters. I love them and they work great with my jockey boxes. I particularly like the fact that the regulator does not release any CO2 when you are screwing it onto the tank. It does not engage the tank pin to release gas until you screw the regulator onto the tank and screw down the pin in the regulator. I also like that it works with a duotight fitting and evabarrier hose.

Last edited:
Just sent back one of these. It was cast badly (numerous dents/defects) and the black pressure adjustment knob had sharp grub screws digging into the thread sheering off bits of metal. It seemed to just about work but concerned it may blow off unexpectedly. Given the cost, I'd advise looking elsewhere.

We are sorry that you have had that experience. The grub screws should only start digging into the brass if the adjustment know is unscrewd too far. If you are getting grub screws digging into brass I would suggest that you have already reached the limit of the adjustment and there is no utility to force the adjustment knob beyond this point, it will simply make the grub screws rub against the brass as you have already worked out. It's to prevent people accidentally remoe the knob completely. If for some reason the cast was dented it sounds like it was damaged and you were right to send it back as if it's dented you should return it.

These regulators are not cheap to manufacture due to the complexity of making them compact. With that said if you want a regulator with the features in a compact size there is no comparison with respect to design or features. With that said I would like you to suggest alternatives in this forum if you find a regulator with that is equal with respect to features at a lower price. This will at least help others on the forum.

Yes we too have cheaper mini regulators for a quater of the price but they just do not work as well. So I guess it comes down to if you feel it's worth the extra cost to purchase something that we have spend a lot of time making and is simply more expensive to manufacture.

With respect to mini gauges, all analogue mini gauges will come at a comprimise to accuracy. For these very small gauges the capiliary tube is tiny and the best you can expect is an accuracy of about +/- 10% of the gauge range. This is the reason that we felt the need to make the digital gauge that does not rely on a capiliary tube. This is why the digital gauge exists and I think it's a nice upgrade if you can afford the additional expense. The Core 360 regulator will regulate the pressure accurately irrespective of the analogue or digital gauge but the digital gauge makes it easier to determine the pressure.

It's really the cost of the CO2 that I'd be more concerned about because that's the constant re-purchase item.

This is definitely an issue with the cheaper reguators. The are leaky and you simply end up burning a lot more gas which is frustrating.

Eighty bucks? If I'm going to buy a cheap mini-regulator, I prefer that it actually be, you know, cheap. But maybe that's just me.

Hey Mac_1103. It would be good if you can report back to us in 12 months time.

Most of the customers who purchase the Core360 are people who have used other mini regulators before and simply get tired using them. I think to understand the value of the Core360 you have to use other "cheaper" regulators first. We look forward to getting a report from you in the future.

Maybe we are wrong and your "cheaper" mini regulator could be awesome and when you report back it's possible that you can start saving other customers the $80. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
No need to get snippy. It's my money and I get to decide how to spend it, right? The thread already has at least one complaint about the quality of your product, and your insults are not going to convince me that I should spend three or four times as much money for your regulator instead of a cheap one.

I was about to start a thread but what are the options for mini regs that hook to a standard co2 tank? I have a 2.5lb for travel parties and would like to have something as small as possible to push beer out.

No need to get snippy. It's my money and I get to decide how to spend it, right? The thread already has at least one complaint about the quality of your product, and your insults are not going to convince me that I should spend three or four times as much money for your regulator instead of a cheap one.

Hey Mac_1103. I am sorry that you have taken offence to my comment. I did not intend to be snippy. You absolutely should spend your money how you wish.

I did also aknowladge that I could be wrong and the cheap one could be awesome. Maybe the Core360 is simply just not good value. I am keen to hear how you go in we months from now with the cheap one.

I use my miniregulators for one and only one purpose - to provide serving pressure for minikegs of beer that is already carbonated. I use flow control picnic taps, so basically anything between 5 and 15 PSI works just fine. A cheap miniregulator with a 0-30 PSI gauge is perfectly adequate for this purpose, and anything fancier would be serious overkill.

I use my miniregulators for one and only one purpose - to provide serving pressure for minikegs of beer that is already carbonated. I use flow control picnic taps, so basically anything between 5 and 15 PSI works just fine. A cheap miniregulator with a 0-30 PSI gauge is perfectly adequate for this purpose, and anything fancier would be serious overkill.
That's exactly what I'm looking for, but I need one that can hook to a standard 2.5lb tank. Any ideas? It seems everything is for mini cyls or sodastream tanks.

Latest posts

Back