Kegco XCK-1S for $30 / Not Working - Should I?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistrx

Reaction score
I've been lurking Craigslist for years looking for a decent commercial kegerator. Several times I've seen some really nice finds, and literally within an hour they are gone. Yesterday I searched and found a non-working Kegco XCK-1S for $30. The ad says it only gets to 60 degrees F, and the tap tower is missing. I'm not concerned with the tap tower, I'd make something cool from black pipe and/or wood.

The refrigeration is a different story. I'm very comfortable troubleshooting that, I have all the necessary tools, pumps, tanks, knowledge and experience to diagnose and make repairs, even if it means a new compressor. BUT, I don't see readily accessible replacement parts. If I need a compressor, will I be able to get one?

It's a $1700 kegerator new, and although it looks beat up it's stainless and would clean up nicely. I could braze in a new compressor and charge it in a few hours, so this seems like a good find -- but parts?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back