Johnson A419 controlling Ferm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
I have an old 3 door fridge with compressor that has recently pooped out. Id like to hack in a window mount AC unit for use with my A419 controller. I have not yet purchased an AC unit as I want to get it right, I have a decent electrical knowledge from wiring my own control panel.

Can anyone help guide me with which btu unit and specifications to look out for? I understand I may want a mechanical A/C or digital with auto restart? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I cant really afford a cool bot right now.

Fridge is 28wx74lx60h

Even if you don’t get the cool bot, they have some great information on there site with btu suggestions. You might also consider going with one of there suggested models of AC as it appears they picked them due to there “hackability”.

That being said, have you looked at repairing the fridge instead? For the $200-$300 your destined to spend, you might be able to get the original refrigation going. Surely one of your friends (or a friends friend...) is an hvac guy that could help you acquire parts and breathe some life back in it. I’m pretty sure we all like beer, and it sounds like a lot more fun than the stuff we usually get hit up with......it’s usually “dude, would you come out to my brothers, girlfriends, uncles trailer and look at his 35 year old AC? He said he would pay you double your rates as soon as his settlement comes in......”

Back