Inkbird for germination heat mat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Buying a 48 x 20 heat mat to get my impations going. I want to incorporate a thermostat so I don't over/under heat the seeds.

I'm thinking the Inkbird 308 everyone uses for brewing
Anybody use one??

Getting this mat and using a few 70 cell trays with dome to get them going. I had good luck with a wet paper towel in Tupperware on the cable box last year but want to bump it up

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...E3B8XG&usg=AFQjCNFCY-dl0rwlACFoQIW-A9POZ16oFg

I've a Jump Start mat. It's not fancy. It just works. The mat goes in a large plastic tote. A big CFL hangs down from the lid. My starter pots are empty water bottles cut down into pots with holes poked in the bottom. This germinates all sorts of veggies.

I use a seedling heat mat to warm fermenters when fermenting. I control it with an Inkbird 308. There's no reason why it wouldn't work in your application.

Your biggest decision will be where to place the probe. I assume you'd bury it in the dirt.

Inkbird works perfect for the controller. I got nearly 100% germination in a week with the controller and heat mat.

20170302_094605_resized.jpg

Back