INISBC - 294 (French Saison)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZGeoff

Reaction score
I’m starting this tread to get comments, advice and experiences on using Inland Islands INISBC - 294 (French Saison)
From what the brew shop guy says this is very similar to the Wyeast 3711 and I’d rather find a good local yeast than have it shipped half way across the county.

I’m using this in a extract Saison I pitched yesterday. Here’s how the recipe went and results so far. I’ll keep this updated on the results of yeast and the general recipe.

7 gallons Denver water
2 teaspoons gypsum
1lb Carared steeped 30mins @ 157-153f
6.5lbs Pils LME
1.0lb Bavarian Wheat DME
90 minute Boil
1oz Styrian Golding (2.6AA) @ 60mins
1oz Saaz @ 60 mins (3.0AA) @ 60mins
1oz Styrian Golding (2.6AA) @ 30mins
1oz Saaz (3.0AA) @ 0mins
½ teaspoon Wyeast nutrient @ 10mins
8oz Table Sugar @ 10mins
1oz Saaz (2.4AA) dry hop addition

5 gallons in the fermentor

OG: 1.058

Pitched at 68f and let rise to 72f. No starter. After12 hours I saw a small amount of airlock movement and foam collecting on the surface.

After 24 hours it got up to 75f was fermenting along really well, nice fat krausen.

Oh, Sorry. I ended up making several beers with the INIS 294. All were good. Good attenuation. I got busy and left an imperial saison in the bright tank for about 9 months. It developed an amazing candy, burnt marshmallow flavor. Smells and tastes incredible. I definitely recommend this strain.

Back