I need some new music!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would argue that A Ghost is Born or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot are their best albums (emphasis on Ghost). I mean can you get any better than Spiders (Kidsmoke) and Handshake Drugs???
tbh, I don't have those two... I love AM, and have but do not like Wilco (the album). So I guess I just meant don't get that one!

Maybe try:

James McMurtry - He is a great singer/songwriter. His Dad wrote the novel Lonesome Dove.

Wilco - AM is their best album, I think

Lucero - from Memphis. Southern Rock with a gravelly voice.

Pobert Plant and the Strange Sensation (Mighty Rearranger) and Robert Plant with Allison Krauss (Raising Sand). Must haves!

Joe Bonamassa: a guitar god! Ballard of John Henry is my fave, although I just d/l a brand new one: Black Rock.

Which reminds me: www.emusic.com can be a good way to find (and buy) new music. If you rate stuff you like, they will suggest other stuff for you. Cheaper than buying at itunes too.

Had to BUMP this one. WILCO, Lucero, and especially McMurtry are 3 of my all time favs.

I've found that the Son Volt channel on Pandora Radio sprinkle's in a significant amount of these guys along with a ton of Son Volt/Jay Farrar, Steve Earle, Robert Earle Keen, etc.

It's all I brew to.

Also, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost is Born blow both AM and WILCO (The Album) out of the water. The new one, The Whole Love, is their best since Ghost.

I need to find some new music. Radio in buffalo generally sucks and plays classic rock that is old in the tooth, top 40 which usually sounds like a bunch of crap to me, and some hard guitar based rock that is a little too loud/aggressive (even though I still like Nine Inch Nails from time to time...) for this middle aged guy.

Likes over the last few years: Grace Potter and Nocturnals, M.O.E., David Byrne/Brian Eno, Derek Trucks, Soulive, Kathleen Edwards, Neil Young (old and new). (so from Jazz to Jam Band, with some older guys that still put out good stuff)

Go see on when in the area: U2, Tragically Hip, Blue Rodeo, 54-40, Springsteen, Hope to catch War again this summer, Pearl Jam, Grace Potter, Derek Trucks, Roger Waters.

So, what new bands might I be interested in?

You might enjoy this:
http://www.robmartino.com/
I think everybody can find something they like here:
http://www.live365.com/index.live
Regards, GF.

Gogol Bordello is good as well. They call themselves "Immigrant punk" although they're more like folk music that rocks a little harder.

Back