Hydraulic Table Cart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've meant to post this for some time, but I never get around to it.

One of the items I added to my brewing arsenal several years ago was a hydraulic table lift. I purchased a 500 lb capacity one from Harbor Freight, but I'm sure there are others available. I think I paid under $100 for it with a coupon.

As I get older, and my back more grumpy, I appreciate it more and more. I brew extract and partial-mash. Without a dedicated brewing stack, and a cramped brew room, I move things around a lot. I put my fermenter on it when I drain my kettle.

Img01.jpg

And then wheel it over to the mini-fridge I ferment in and use it to move the fermenter in without lifting.

Img02.jpg

I also use it as part of my mini-mash stand. Lowering it to add the cooler or sparge water, then raising it to drain into the kettle.

Img03.jpg

I also put kegs on it when I fill them from the fermenter, and use it to raise them beside my keezer to reduce some of the bending when I load the keg in. When not in use, it tucks out of the way under my kettle and burner.

Img04.jpg

Anyway, I wanted to finally get this posted in case it's of interest to anyone else.

Genius!
My back and hips get pretty mad at be after brew days, especially if i do more than one batch!
I’m adding this to the “Brewery Upgrade” white board

That was always the issue with using a conical fermenter, i.e., how to get it into the ferm chamber easily. Nice solution to that problem. I have some back issues myself, so I can appreciate solutions like this.

FWIW, I create my own RO water, stored in a 7-gallon aquatainer on the floor. I finally decided if I kept picking that up to dump water, I'd eventually screw up my back again. To solve that I bought a small self-priming pump I can use to pump that water up to the BK, or to fill gallon jugs.

Such a hydraulic table like you have might have solved that problem as well.

Back