Hops Direct Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaxweb

Reaction score
Through tomorrow (8/26) all 2021 and some older leaf hops are $2.50 /lb. At these prices, shipping can easily be more than the cost of the the price of the hops but may still a bargain especially with a big order. Plus, I've always received 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs in each 1 lb bag. I stock up and vac seal once I open the bag.
No affiliation with them. Just a very happy customer.

Damn that is crazy. I got 1lb each of (leaf) el dorado, centennial and citra all from 2021 for $5 per about 1-2 months ago, $2.50/lb is nuts. I might just stock up again but my wife will kill me if I take up any more room in the deep freeze

Brain: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!
Me: Cheap hops!
Brain: YOU HAVE UPWARDS OF 155 oz of hops in storage
Me: Cheap hops!
Brain: Why do I even try?
So you're saying that you don't really have that many hops. Not even 10 pounds! If you make a few NEIPAs you'll be running low.

This is a good sale, if you want whole flower hops.

And have room to store them.
I coincidentally just ordered 4 lbs of pellets yesterday and I was blown away with how cheap they were. I usually buy leaf hops but the pellets fit into bags so much easier and are less messy in my opinion. It just seems like they are cheaper than ever.

Your Order Contains...​

Cart ItemsSKUQtyItem Price
Item Total​
BRAVO -- Leaf
(Leaf Sizes: 1 lb.)
BRAVOUSLF2$9.75 USD
$19.50 USD
CASCADE -- Leaf
CASCAUSLF1$16.78 USD
$16.78 USD
CLUSTER -- Leaf
CLUSTUSLF1$13.20 USD
$13.20 USD
Subtotal:
$49.48 USD
Shipping:
$21.44 USD
Grand Total:
$70.92 USD
Hops Direct

This is my order from 2015

Wow great deal. I am still sitting on several pounds I bought last year during the sale. Cheap hops and they were giving away extra hops. I've been buying from them for more than a decade and always really happy with the hops.

They must be making nothing at all out of having to sell off hops so cheaply.

Wow great deal. I am still sitting on several pounds I bought last year during the sale. Cheap hops and they were giving away extra hops. I've been buying from them for more than a decade and always really happy with the hops.

They must be making nothing at all out of having to sell off hops so cheaply.

Something is better than nothing. It's hop harvesting time, out with the old, in with the new.

So you're saying that you don't really have that many hops. Not even 10 pounds! If you make a few NEIPAs you'll be running low.
Not a preferred style for me-I prefer Altbier and Kolsch. I do some hoppy pales for the tennis mooks, but it takes a while to mow through a pound of citra for me. Cascade? Well I do like my @Yooper haus pale, I just have to find time to brew in the busy summer.

Not a preferred style for me-I prefer Altbier and Kolsch. I do some hoppy pales for the tennis mooks, but it takes a while to mow through a pound of citra for me. Cascade? Well I do like my @Yooper haus pale, I just have to find time to brew in the busy summer.

I should have put a smiley on there to show it was a joke!

But even at a few oz a batch, you only have 155/3oz * 5 gallons ~260 gallons of beer you can make with your current stash. :ban:

Clearly you need to stock up more in case there's some kind of shortage in the future!
:mug:

Their sale prices on pellets are pretty good as well...

Damn that is crazy. I got 1lb each of (leaf) el dorado, centennial and citra all from 2021 for $5 per about 1-2 months ago, $2.50/lb is nuts. I might just stock up again but my wife will kill me if I take up any more room in the deep freeze
Well she'll have to bury you as there'll be no room in the freezer!

@Brooothru

You've got no worries, you prompted me to check my stash and after some unit conversions have around 360 oz in the freezer.
I was thinking of some cheap Saaz and Progress hops.

Maybe an oz a day is enough, or is that a bad habit?

Started by Nany Reagan and then crossing to the UK

But given it's anti drinking message if I'd paid more attention I wouldn't have my Hop Problem!

Crayons? I was always bitter that the closest color to skin tone was "peach" - ruined all my portraits. I'll never use them in my beer because of that.
You too, huh? Well, there goes my next brew day. Maybe I'll have to develop my MRE ESB, since my head also fits in the jar.

@Brooothru

You've got no worries, you prompted me to check my stash and after some unit conversions have around 360 oz in the freezer.
I was thinking of some cheap Saaz and Progress hops.

Maybe an oz a day is enough, or is that a bad habit?

Started by Nany Reagan and then crossing to the UK

But given it's anti drinking message if I'd paid more attention I wouldn't have my Hop Problem!

Ha! My wife's name is Nancy. Shuda' known.

I think these threads should come with a warning. Like... "Warning. Insanely great deal in this thread. Open at your own risk"
Thank goodness for covid... my upright freezer was really used for, well, freezing foods. Just one shelf loaded with 10+ pounds of hops. Oh and crammed into every nook and cranny on the door is 5 pounds more.

But you say only $2.50 a pound, huh? Hmmm....

You guys with all the hops in your freezer - you're not doing IPAs right :) Here I am, dryhopping this weekend...

1661616635661.png

Your Order Contains...​

Cart ItemsSKUQtyItem Price
Item Total​
BRAVO -- Leaf
BRAVOUSLF2$9.75 USD
$19.50 USD
CASCADE -- Leaf
CASCAUSLF1$16.78 USD
$16.78 USD
CLUSTER -- Leaf
CLUSTUSLF1$13.20 USD
$13.20 USD
Subtotal:
$49.48 USD
Shipping:
$21.44 USD
Grand Total:
$70.92 USD
Hops Direct

This is my order from 2015
$16 a pound for Cascade seems like a not so great price? The shipping is a killer.

Latest posts

Back