Home brew thanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticks

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your efforts over the years to further the art of home brewing. I’m posting this in “beginners” because I haven’t posted here more than a handful of times. I’m what you’d call a professional lurker. It’s been, at least, a decade since I’ve started brewing and reading your dialogue here - and your advice has been invaluable.
I’ve listened to your words about mashing temps, water ph, and recipe creation.
I’ve followed your best practices on bottling and kegging. I’ve seen a million threads about oxidation and autolysis. I have kept brewing.
I’ve made strides since my first all grain brew. I’ve kept brewing.
I’ve been able to control how my beer feels and tastes due to your tutelage.
You have taught me how to bottle and keg. I am now force carbing in kegs - you taught me how to do it.
You have taught me the best procedures for each of these methods.
You’ve taught me how to build a recipe and how to bring malt, hop, and yeast flavors out of beer.
By simply lurking I have become a pretty proficient brewer.
I mash in a cooler that you taught me to build. I ferment in a bucket with a blowoff tube (thanks 1056) that you taught me to build.
5 years ago I planted two Columbus rhismomes with the hope that I could someday brew a beer with them.
My latest beer is a self made recipe brewed with my favorite yeast - 1056 (washed), hopped with wet hops that I’ve grown, and kegged with burst carbonation that you’ve given me the knowledge to do. By simply lurking I have become a pretty proficient brewer.
I want to thank every one of you that have contributed to every forum here. I have read every word. I have learned from all of the knowledge that you have posted.
Thanks, everyone.

Brett

I want to thank all of you for your efforts over the years to further the art of home brewing. I’m posting this in “beginners” because I haven’t posted here more than a handful of times. I’m what you’d call a professional lurker. It’s been, at least, a decade since I’ve started brewing and reading your dialogue here - and your advice has been invaluable.
I’ve listened to your words about mashing temps, water ph, and recipe creation.
I’ve followed your best practices on bottling and kegging. I’ve seen a million threads about oxidation and autolysis. I have kept brewing.
I’ve made strides since my first all grain brew. I’ve kept brewing.
I’ve been able to control how my beer feels and tastes due to your tutelage.
You have taught me how to bottle and keg. I am now force carbing in kegs - you taught me how to do it.
You have taught me the best procedures for each of these methods.
You’ve taught me how to build a recipe and how to bring malt, hop, and yeast flavors out of beer.
By simply lurking I have become a pretty proficient brewer.
I mash in a cooler that you taught me to build. I ferment in a bucket with a blowoff tube (thanks 1056) that you taught me to build.
5 years ago I planted two Columbus rhismomes with the hope that I could someday brew a beer with them.
My latest beer is a self made recipe brewed with my favorite yeast - 1056 (washed), hopped with wet hops that I’ve grown, and kegged with burst carbonation that you’ve given me the knowledge to do. By simply lurking I have become a pretty proficient brewer.
I want to thank every one of you that have contributed to every forum here. I have read every word. I have learned from all of the knowledge that you have posted.
Thanks, everyone.

Brett
Word! Welcome, so glad you joined. There are more hidden gems here too. I am grateful like you, as this site has enriched my life too, greatly. Sticks? There is a golf thread! Welcome look forward to seeing you around.

That's cool. Sounds like you've been brewing a lot longer than I have. Yet I too have lurked a lot too, I think we all have to a degree. And this site only works if people contribute. So stick around and help us less experienced brewers out.

I don't want to hijack this thread but why don't people post some of their favorite nuggets of wisdom gleaned from this site.

I'll start with two. There's a legendary post by a user named Remy, I believe, that talks about bottle conditioning and patience. As a new brewer patience is one of the hardest steps. And waiting on your beer can seem painful. But if you wait for the right time it's worth it.

Secondly, I learned from biermuncher that a recipe doesn't have to be complicated nor full of hops to be delicious. I'm looking at you Centennial blond.

Thanks guys! P

I think back to how I got started in this and realize how lucky newbies are with the wealth of information at their fingertips.

In 1990 for me there was the guy that owned the local homebrew store, Zymurgy magazine, and just a few books available. Papazian's "Complete Joy of Homebrewing" was available. Weren't many other brewers around that I was aware of.

Otherwise it was a lot of trial and error and feedback from friends you offered beer to.

All the Best,
D. White

Thanks guys for checking in. Truth is, I’m totally thankful that I had all of this knowledge available to me and I didn’t have to search through magazines. If you can search the forums and find the topics that apply to you then you can make whatever you need happen.
In response to everyone else:
I’m sticks because I wear #11. It doesn’t matter if you’re signed up before me you’ve probably helped me. My golf handicap is MGA 13.9 so if you’re in Massachusetts and you wanna golf with somebody that hits 5 out of 18 greens, let’s do it. Snow is coming soon. And if you’re around here and want to brew together or share some beers hit me up.

Hey Sticks!
I'm nowhere near Massachusetts, but I almost hit par once, but the ball got stuck in the clowns nose. My handicap requires calculus to figure, but I share your warmth of the wealth of knowledge here. HBT has helped me immeasurably.
IMHO it's time for you to stop lurking and share your knowledge and experience.
I'm sure we can all benefit from it.

I’m willing! I can’t imagine that I’d have anything to share that the people that are still here are willing to share and I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes. Apparently you’re golfing with the wrong people. I wear the full ghillie suit to distract my boys.
Steeks

I'll have to try that....

ghillie.jpg

So let me put this out there because it’s always “ oh, I wish I knew I would have gone”
My band supertonic is playing tonight- Saturday at Brodie’s Seaport in Salem, Ma. If you’re around and want to see some good rock music and chat come by.

Whoa, super cool. Would love to see you, but long way from here. What do you play? I play guitar and piano and there is a pretty cool guitar thread.
So let me put this out there because it’s always “ oh, I wish I knew I would have gone”
My band supertonic is playing tonight- Saturday at Brodie’s Seaport in Salem, Ma. If you’re around and want to see some good rock music and chat come by.

Latest posts

Back