Hi from Sunnyvale, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbansombrero99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Gil and I'm a long time listener, first time caller (finally decided to register...).
After 11 years of brewing in Israel, starting with extracts and bottles and moving to AG and kegging, I moved to the US recently. Now I'm in the process of setting up my home brewery back. Because of various reasons, I decided to go with BIAB and small batches (2 gal max) for the time being. Just got my kettle in, plan to do the first batch over the coming weekend.

Very happy to be here, this forum is an amazing source of information!

Cheers :)

Welcome to the family from Colorado. Lots of great people and good information. Good luck with your BIAB setup I haven't used that method but it looks like a great all grain brewing method.

Welcome to the community! Don't want to make any assumptions but are you a member of the tribe as well?

If so, fellow member here! Only been to the homeland once but man it was an experience!

Welcome to the community! Don't want to make any assumptions but are you a member of the tribe as well?

If so, fellow member here! Only been to the homeland once but man it was an experience!
Hi and thank you!
I'm not sure what tribe you are referring to, if I'm guessing correctly then the answer is "it's complicated"...

Welcome!
I’m trying to brew smaller batches as well. I’m settling on 3gallons just because I have a few 3g kegs. It’s amazing how much harder it is, ie hitting gravity #s, ibu’s etc.
The delta is much wider when reducing volume. Makes sense but something I didn’t consider before.

It’s amazing how much harder it is, ie hitting gravity #s, ibu’s etc.
The delta is much wider when reducing volume. Makes sense but something I didn’t consider before.
Really? I am only starting with smaller batches, so I have no real experience yet - I hope I'll be able to prove you wrong :)

Latest posts

Back