Hi from Calgary, Alberta!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b0rt1980

Reaction score
Good evening all. I'm Jason from Calgary. 37 married and father to 2 crazy boys, aged 5 and 2.

I know lots of people who make wine but it never once occurred to me that you could make beer, or anything else for that matter. Saw a presentation during a course on making beer at home and thought "Why am I not doing this?" That was Sept of 2016 and I'm now hooked!

Started with 3 1gal apple cider experiments followed by a desert wine kit before last Xmas. This year I've done 3 beer kits, 1 cider kit, 4 1 gal mead experiments (first batch is now being finiky) and just started 1gal of pear wine. Have plans for others too. You could say I'm hooked!

I'm doing a mix of full kits and small experimental batches of all sorts of stuff. I do this because with a family i don't have a lot of time. I do want to get into 1gal BIAB all grain beer and eventually full size all grain, but that's likely a few years out when I have more time.

I'm in it for fun, tasting a variety of all things and giving my experiments to others to enjoy.

I've been lurking on here for months so decided to join and say hello!

Latest posts

Back