Help With Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shilohhills

Reaction score
I have an orange tree that died down to the root stock many years ago. The tree grew back from the root stock, and is covered with huge thorns, and an abundance of fruit. It produces more fruit than any other citrus tree I have (of course). The fruit is similar to the size of a small grapefruit, and is very sour. The skin is extremely fragrant. So far the only thing I have been able to use it for is pork marinade. Since I have a ton of fruit, I was hoping I could get some ideas of a use in brewing beer, or cider maybe. I hate to see all the fruit go to waste. Recipes would also be very welcome.

Last edited:
I'm completely spitballing here, because I have no experience brewing with fruit. If it's sour/bitter, I wonder if you could use it in place of some of your hops (not all).

I hadn't considered that, but it may be an option. I was thinking more along the lines of putting in a secondary.

Latest posts

Back