Help Upgrading A Lawnmower Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NothingRhymesWithCurtiss

Reaction score
A local HBS was running a discount on their 5 gallon "American Light" extract kit, so I bought it, hoping to upgrade the end result.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Step 1lb Crystal 60 for 30 minutes at 155 degrees F
4.8lbs LME
.5oz Palisade (60 min boil)
1lb Rice Syrup Solids (5 min boil)
1oz Liberty (5 min boil)

Pitch Safale US-05 and ferment for 1 week (64 -70 degrees F)

Transfer to secondary and Dry Hop with 1oz Centennial for 1 week before bottling.

Any thoughts?

I'm trying to church up a $20 kit, so I'm not looking to buy anything additional, and want to use what I have.

In addition, I have a half ounce of UK Challenger, an ounce each of Simcoe, Chinook, Columbus, Summit, and Falconer's Flight 7 C's that could be substituted/thrown in.

I'll use the Brewers Friend free recipe builder when I'm working with some basic ingredients. Pick the style you would like the beer to be. The recipe builder will indicate where you are within that "style guideline" after entering the ingredients. It is easy to add and delete ingredients which makes it uncomplicated to use.

Flars is right Brewers friend is free and easy and will tell you what to expect of any proposed changes!:)

Update: Stopped by the local HBS while on a walk with my kids. After talking with the owner, I ended up picking up a pound of Crystal 60 for steeping.

Latest posts

Back