Hello from Langchop from Johannesburg, South Africa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Langchop

Reaction score
Lang here from sunny South Africa and I have been brewing for about 5 years now. I have basically settled on doing smallish all grain brews (exclusively BIAB in some manner or form) to experiment and play around, and then the odd kit beer to keep my stock levels up! I don't typically follow publish d recipes and feel the range of styles is so diverse that hacking can always give you decent beers that will fall within one or another category.

My main goal seems to have become getting these small batches out as quickly and easily and yummily as possible due to limited available time with a new microhuman in my life.

I have a very minimalist approach to brewing and am constantly trying out new things that could simplify the whole process. Ideally, without a compromise on the quality but still having full flexibility to experiment. I do like to challenge conventions and traditions just to see 'what if'.

Through constantly researching, I regularly get pointed to here by uncle Google, so have seen that HBT is a huge wealth of good information.

Thanks for an awesome forum.

@Langchop, welcome to HBT!

You're the brewer, you have the power to brew anything you like or see fit. You may follow style guides and other recipes or, instead, deviate to your heart's content. In the end you always make beer.

In our club, at times, we've brewed the same recipe using the same ingredients, bought at the same place, and all those beers were at least slightly and often enough distinctly different. Process is the big variator.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back