Headed to Montreal in April..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khannon

Guy who really knows where his towel is.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone from around there(or not) tell me what I should not miss while I'm up there? I was hoping to visit Unibrou(sp?) but it looks like they don't do tours. I am going to visit Dieu du Ciel, but was looking for other craft breweries. I will have a car, but was hoping for places that are pretty close to metro(?) stops so my wife and I could both have a beer or three.

Also if there is anything worth not missing that is non beer related that's cool too, or a good(affordable) place to stay for the first week of April.

To make it interesting, After I get back, I'll send the person who suggests the place we like the most, first, a bottle of their favorite Jolly Pumpkin, Drie Fontinen, Dieu du Ciel, or Prairie beer that is still being produced.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:
Old Montreal is worth checking out. If you're in to shopping, Quartier Dix30 (300 stores) just outside Montreal, highway 10 east over the bridge, not far. I see you're from Amherst, if it's Amherst, MA you'll be driving right by it, assuming you're driving up 91 and 89 in VT to get there.

Mount Royal gives nice views of the City. The market - Marche Jean-Talon - very European style market, near Rue Saint-Denis. And walking along and checking out the shops along Rue Saint-Denis is nice. St. Catherine Street has some interesting "Adult" stores and places to use your 1 dollar bills if you are interested...

Nice botanical gardens, but I think April will be too early for that. We spent a few days there last April, we used Air BbB.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back