Happy B-Day Rhoobarb!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks everyone! :)

I really wish I had taken the day off. We were hit with a big snowstorm yesterday afternoon and all night. We averaged about 3" per hour. Got 9” at home. My commute last night went from a normal hour and 15 mins. to, what turned out to be, the longest ever - 4 hrs., 35 mins.! I left here at 5:10pm and got home at 9:45pm! (Cheesefood, it took me an hour just to get from Meacham to I-290!) When I got home, my right leg was stiff and sore from applying the brake most of the way home. I probably averaged about 5 miles an hour. I think the fastest I recall going was ~30 mph.

Anyway, our office is pretty empty today. My boss left a message saying she was snowed in. Surprisingly, traffic was lighter then normal and the drive in was quick. A lot of people must've stayed home or decided to sleep in. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them! Ah, well, gives me more time to lurk here! :D

Plans? Why yes! It is a weekend of two of my favorite things - beer and model trains!

Tonight, my girlfriend is taking me to Harrison's Brewpub in Orland Park, IL. We actually met there four months ago this week!

Tomorrow morning, I'm going with two buddies to a model train show up in Milwaukee, then to The Milwaukee Ale House (a great place) for a couple of beers and a late lunch/early dinner.

Sunday morning, I’m off to a local model train show, then to a friend's place to drool over whatever model trains I happen to purchase, partake in more birthday celebration and to have - what else - homebrew!

I'll have a beer for y'all!

Sudster said:
Allright, another celebration day. I'm going to raise a few on your behalf Rhoob!
yea, no kidding! we're never in a shortage for reason's to toast somebody/something onm this forum, eh? :drunk:

been to Milwaukee Ale House before. Water Street brewery too. good Scotch eggs!
enjoy my friend!

BlightyBrewer said:
I've already had a pint of Marston's Double Drop and a pint of Batemans Combined Harvest for ya Rhoobarb, cheers! :D

Mmmm... sounds yummy! Still two hours to go :( before I can leave work and head for my first brew of the day! :D

Rhoobarb said:
Wow, thanks everyone! :)
(Cheesefood, it took me an hour just to get from Meacham to I-290!)

I would have said you could come over and have a beer, but it took me 4 hours to get home (23 miles). FYI, I live off of Meacham. It's my back-yard!

Rhoobarb said:
Mmmm... sounds yummy! Still two hours to go :( before I can leave work and head for my first brew of the day! :D

I'm raising a pint of my Hoegaarden Clone (which I need to rename since its nothing like Hoegaarden) in your honor. Slainte!

Latest posts

Back