Great competition prize win!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Whooo! Yesterday I won Barrel House Z's Launch Pad Homebrew competition that was hosted by my homebrew club.

Barrel House Z ( http://www.barrelhousez.net/), soon to open in Weymouth MA, is the idea of Russ Heissner who was Harpoon's original brewer and a partnership with Harpoon and Bully Boy Distillers. Harpoon will brew the wort and ship it to BHZ where it will be fermented and then aged in various spirit barrels.

With the win, I get to brew a batch of my Amber Ale on the pilot system at BHZ and chose the style of barrel to age it in. Then through a Kickstarter campaign, if I get people to buy a certain level of the beer, BHZ will make a full production run of it and it will be sold at Craft Beer Cellars in Mass! I will also be doing tastings of the beer at various locations in Boston and on South Shore of Mass.

But even more crazy, I also get a trip to GABF where the beer will be BHZ's one and only entry! :ban:

Whooo! Yesterday I won Barrel House Z's Launch Pad Homebrew competition that was hosted by my homebrew club.

Barrel House Z ( http://www.barrelhousez.net/), soon to open in Weymouth MA, is the idea of Russ Heissner who was Harpoon's original brewer and a partnership with Harpoon and Bully Boy Distillers. Harpoon will brew the wort and ship it to BHZ where it will be fermented and then aged in various spirit barrels.

With the win, I get to brew a batch of my Amber Ale on the pilot system at BHZ and chose the style of barrel to age it in. Then through a Kickstarter campaign, if I get people to buy a certain level of the beer, BHZ will make a full production run of it and it will be sold at Craft Beer Cellars in Mass! I will also be doing tastings of the beer at various locations in Boston and on South Shore of Mass.

But even more crazy, I also get a trip to GABF where the beer will be BHZ's one and only entry! :ban:

When will this be ready?

When will this be ready?

Hopefully more than a month ago. Entry cut-offs for the GABF were nearly 2 weeks ago.

The cutoff for serving at the festival is much more lenient though

Limited right now. They are selling very little to go every week as saving most of it for when they can actually serve beers there. Waiting on final license so could be any day now.

What they did sell flew out of the place, so people seem to like it.

Hopefully more than a month ago. Entry cut-offs for the GABF were nearly 2 weeks ago.

The cutoff for serving at the festival is much more lenient though

We bottled some at brewery and have shipped to GABF. We won't be serving at GABF. They did not have their state license prior to the deadline to register as a brewery for it. So we are going as just attendees and even then, we were on wait list for a month first.

Back