Good base pale ale for Pallisade Peaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemErik

Reaction score
I want to try making a Peach Pale Ale with some of the delicious Colorado peaches that will be in season soon. Most of the beers I've brewed so far are Amber or dark beers so my feel for pale ale recipes isn't that good yet. What base recipe would pair well with peaches? I'm thinking one of the Haus Pale Ale recipes here (Da Yooper's or Bee Cave) using S-05 would be a choice.

I haven't brewed a peach beer, so can't speak from experience, but I would consider a not very hoppy or bitter pale beer - kind of a clean palate on which the peaches can sparkle. A blonde ale, a cream ale or an American wheat ale would be good. Last summer, I brewed three batches of our Summer Wheat Ale and its clean, light, refreshing, and won a silver medal at the Bluegrass Cup. The recipe is here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=581953

Latest posts

Back