Galco Industrial Electronics ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeky

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has experience with galco.com. I have searched on google and can't not locate a review. They are registered with resellerating, but also no reviews.

I am looking to order DIN rail terminal blocks for my system and they have 6mm colored screw term for $.47, this is the best I've found without requiring a large quantity. I will easily be able to separate Hot, Hot, Ground, Neutral, 12v+, 12v-.

Just wasn't sure what everyone else thinks, mcmaster carr is $1.17 a terminal, so this is a decent savings.

Squeeky

Plan B would be look at Ebay with searches for Entrelec, phoenix contact, and AB 1492 Din terminal blocks, Wago are spring loaded and not always suited for reliable higher amperage situations. Along the way you will bump into breakers, fuses, and relays, sometimes at reasonable prices in the buy it now category.

I usually order a very small quantity from a vendor and see how they do. I look at ship time to order time, packing, item qualitu and all the rest of the stuff, then if they work out good I increase the order a bit next time. If that goes well then I use them as needed. I learned this doing Ebay and it seems to weed out the riff raff pretty quick and before I stand to lose any signifgant amount of money. Thats how I learned that Futurlec was a scammin low life company too.
Just sayin....
WCB

Never heard of them but thanks for pointing them out. They're actually in Michigan (as am I) and at least appear to have a storefront as opposed to someone shipping stuff from their basement. They appear to have a positive BBB rating too...

Be sure to post back your experience if you use them, I'll probably give them a look the next time I'm looking for something.

Yeah might be ordering from Mouser instead. I only need like 12 total and they are .20 more on Mouser. However I have to order a pressure sensor on Mouser so it will actually save on shipping. I did use their online chat, which was a positive experience good source for the future.

Back