Fruits for White Colored Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkuhl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey I'm just looking for suggestions

On July 4th I wanna take home 3 wines, one red, one white, one blue. Already got red and blue picked out, strawberry and blueberry (blueberry is already fermenting.)

I was wondering what fruits would be good for a white wine. I don't want to use concord grapes, because that'd be boring, and I'm not really interested in banana. Anyone got any ideas for alternatives? I just want something fun that'd give me a whitish color liquid.

Maybe white peaches? It would likely end up with a bit of color but should be relatively clear I would think.

Also, whichever fruit you pick, you could fine it with bentonite - that tends to take some of the color out of it.

Peach. 6-8 lbs per gallon along with 3lb honey(or equivalent amount of sugar).= Peach melomel which has this light peachy flavor and is maybe slighlty yellowish, but mostly clear.
By the way, my strawberry/rhubarb isn't that red. To get a nice red color, add some hibiscus flower.
And my blueberry isn't an intense blue either- more pinkish. Add some elderberry to pump up the blue color.
Good luck! This is a neat concept!

Pear, lime, potato, white grape, jalapeno, and to a lesser extent, lemon, apple, and peach. I have an apple/peach/lemon/lime/grape wine (I had to clean out the freezer) that I just bottled a couple weeks ago that came out very clear and pale. I do use pectic enzyme on the front end, bentonite halfway through, and sparkolloid two weeks before bottling.

I have really loved the two batches of pineapple wine I've made. The pineapple-peach was what I'd call white, and the pineapple-cherry had a slight rose tinge.

Back