First Blue Cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheyToGo

Reaction score
I have successfully made my first ever blue cheese and might I say it turned out wonderful. Gavin Webber's recipe for Fourme d'Ambert that I have aged for 8 weeks. There was great veining throughout the cheese and a solid mold covering all over the outside. While the appearance was beautiful nothing can compare to the taste. The cheese was slightly crumbly but still moist and creamy with a flavor similar to a gorgonzola. It was slightly sharp upon first taste but mellowed out as it just melted in your mouth for a rich blue sensation that was to die for! I am very pleased with the results!View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1494777574.133865.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1494777651.329246.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1494777669.085496.jpg

That looks like a winner! I think mine come out a little creamer than that. I don't press my blue in any way, so I leave a lot of caps in the cheese for the mold to grow into.

The mold on the outside of yours is outstanding!

Thanks passedpawn. Mine was very lightly pressed but I think next time I am not going to press it because I would have liked it to be a bit creamier.

Back