First BIAB thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffi

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been brewing for 10 months, 8 months AG. I've tried many different recipes and have been mashing in a 10 gal igloo and occasionally in a 10 gal direct fired kettle with recirculation. Efficiency has been awesome, the beer very good, but brew day with clean up has been very long. I brew on my back porch and I have been searching for a bit quicker/smaller footprint. I bought a used High Gravity eBIAB (11 gal BC) from the for sale forum and Friday afternoon I brewed a 12.5 lb grain bill in a Wilser bag. I have some work to do in terms of fine tuning my use of the controller during the mash (I overshot for a while) and getting my volumes in line, but at the end of the afternoon I put 5.75 gal of beautiful wort into the fermenter. Even with a 90 min mash, my total time including clean up was 4.5 hours. This is a vast improvement over my previous method and clean up. While I'm not giving up my cooler just yet, I think I will stick with eBIAB for most beers for the forseeable future. :)

Back